This post and recipe was created for #SummerDessertWeek! I was sent samples by some of the sponsor companies but as always opinions are 100% mine.
Classic cracker toffee is addicting enough but if you are a peanut butter lover this one is even more tantalizing with 3 layers of Reese’s products!
It’s the second to last day of #SummerDessertWeek. Do you have a favorite recipe yet? Mine or someone else’s? As usual I wish these types of events could be performed in person so we could actually sample them all. It would be the most epic pot luck ever!
I am finishing off my recipes for the week with a creation that resulted in me pulling out all of my Reese’s stock. General Mills graciously provided me with a box of Reese’s Puffs Cereal and I already had the peanut butter baking chips and pieces on hand. Because I literally have stashes of goodies like this at all times. #FoodBloggerProblems
Have you ever had saltine cracker toffee? It’s literally toffee that’s been baked into a thin layer of saltines, coated in chocolate and then broken up like bark. It’s pretty much the best. But then I got the brilliant idea to replace the saltines with Reese’s Puffs and now this is the best thing. My suspicions were confirmed when people were begging me to stop putting it in front of them because they could not stop eating it. Needless to say it was all gone in a short time O:-).
By the way, not only is this my last recipe, today is the second to last day to enter the giveaway! Make sure you don’t miss out of some awesome prizes. And also don’t miss out on the other recipes shared this week listed below. Good luck on the giveaway and enjoy all the summer dessert sweetness!
Check out the amazing #SummerDessertWeek recipes from our bloggers today!
Ice Cream Recipes:
Pies of Summer:
- Key Lime Pie from The Java Cupcake Blog
Sweet Summertime Cakes:
- Chocolate Coconut Cream Cake from Food Hunter’s Guide to Cuisine
No Bake Treats:
- No Bake Peaches and Cream Cheesecake from Miss in the Kitchen
- No Bake Berry Icebox Cake from A Blender Mom
- Blueberry Cornbread from For the Love of Food
- Snickerdoodles from Jen Around the World
- Butter Cookies from Bowl Me Over
- Reese’s Puffs Toffee from The Spiffy Cookie
- Cherry Pie Bars from Southern From Scratch
- Mississippi Mud Cookies from Fake Ginger
- Blueberry Cardamom Hand Pies from My Baking Heart
- Summer Berry Dessert Bruschetta from Cooking In Stilettos
- S’mores Crepes from For the Love of Food
Two years ago: Lavender Lemon Shortbread Cookies
Three years ago: Roasted Pear, Parmesan & Spiced Pecan Salad
Four years ago: Potato Nachos
Six years ago: Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Rice Krispies Treats
REESE’S PUFFS TOFFEE
4 cup Reese’s Puffs cereal
1 cup Land O’Lakes unsalted butter
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 cup milk chocolate or semisweet chocolate chips
1 cup peanut butter chips
3/4 cup chopped Reese’s pieces
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a 15x10x1-inch pan with parchment paper. Line cereal in a single layer in pan, clustering cereal tightly. Set aside.
- In a small pot combine sugar and butter and bring to a boil. Once mixture is at a boil, continue boiling for 3 minutes. Mixture should be a deep caramel color. Immediately drizzle over cereal and spread to cover completely.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 5-6 minutes. It will get all bubbly. Remove from oven and sprinkle chips over the top and let sit a couple of minutes to melt (can also melt them in the microwave for about 1 minute then spread it on). Spread melted chocolate and top with chopped pistachios. Cool completely and break into pieces.
Source: Adapted slightly from my Saltine Cracker Toffee.