It’s time to start thinking outside of the box and put your favorite peanut butter and chocolate combination to work in your burger with this peanut butter and cocoa candied bacon topped burger.
When you think of peanut butter and chocolate you think of dessert, not a savory item. But after years of creating every kind of peanut butter and chocolate treat I can think of, I’m starting to dabble more on the savory side of life. Don’t worry I still have plenty of peanut butter and chocolate sweets up my sleeve, but let’s blur the lines a little by putting peanut butter on top of a burger along with cocoa candied bacon (no that bacon is not burnt). And maybe some more cocoa in the burger patty itself.
This is not a new thing to be honest, I have shared a peanut butter and bacon topped burger on my blog before, but this time the bacon has taken a dip in some chocolate and I also mixed some cocoa powder into the burger meat. Just enough to give it a depth of flavor without feeling like you are actually eating a burger with chocolate in it. And perfect for tailgating for the Ohio State game today! Check out the links below for other bloggers’ tailgating recipes shared today and find the Rafflecopter widget located at the bottom of this post for a chance to win our giveaway!
Welcome to our #TailgateParty!
We have delicious recipes from across the country to make your next tailgating party the best and most delicious party ever!
- Air Fryer Philly Cheesesteak Egg Rolls by Daily Dish Recipes
- Bacon Wrapped Chicken Bites by Everyday Eileen
- Brat Bites with Spicy Mustard Dipping Sauce by Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Brutus Burgers by The Spiffy Cookie
- Buffalo Snack Mix by Kate’s Recipe Box
- Cubano Dip by The Freshman Cook
- Dutch Oven Party Twist Loaf by Simply Inspired Meals
- Easy Buffalo Chicken Sliders with Homemade Blue Cheese Dressing by Family Around the Table
- Quick Brined Chicken Thighs by The Beard and The Baker
- Smoked Pork and Cheddar Burgers by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Sourdough Baguettes with Classic Pimento Cheese by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Spice-Rubbed Pork Chop + Chewy Molasses Ginger Cookies by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Tailgate Sliders by Sweet Beginnings
- Tailgate Three Meat Chili by Our Good Life
Three years ago: BBQ Mac & Cheese Pizza
Four years ago: Mexican Manwich Stuffed Zucchini Boats
Five years ago: Watermelon Mojito
Six years ago: Healthier Buckeyes
Seven years ago: Fall Recipe Roundup
Eight years ago: Sausage Stuffed Pretzel Bites
1-1/3 lb. ground beef
1 Tbsp cocoa powder
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
1/4 tsp ground cayenne pepper (optional)
4 burger buns, toasted
8 strips of Cocoa Candied Bacon
- Add ground beef to a large bowl and season with cocoa, salt and pepper. Form into four equal patties and then let sit at room temperature. Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- Grill the burgers about 4 minutes per side or until desired doneness. Remove from the grill and cover with foil.
- To assemble burgers, warm the peanut butter in the microwave for 30 seconds. Whisk in the cayenne, if using. Place a burger on the bottom half of a bun and top with warmed peanut butter, 2 slices of bacon, and top half of the burger bun.