Check out Manwich like you have never seen it before. These Mexican Manwich stuffed zucchini boats will impress your family any night of the week.
Oh Monday here you are again ruining my weekends and the only cure is to go home at the end of the day and drown my sorrows in hearty comfort food. The cure this week? Manwich Monday! Everyone recognizes the messy sandwich known as the Sloppy Joe. Nothing is better than a sandwich that requires both hands, preventing you and anyone else in your family from sharing the experience on social media, and it’s completely worth it. Focus on the food in front of you! And this meal is made easy for a weeknight by using Manwich hearty and meatless sauces with a sweet and tangy flavor.
I recently discovered that Manwhich comes in different varieties. Beyond that long loved Original there is also Bold which is a bit tangier and Thick & Chunky, which has the same great flavor as the original but in a chunkier form (aptly named I would say). These sauces made me realize that they would be delicious on more than just sandwiches and I was actually inspired by the “recipe idea” on the side of the Bold can for Manwich tacos. I had been wanting to make Mexican stuffed zucchini for awhile so this transformed my thought process into Mexican Manwich stuffed zucchini boats!
If I served these stuffed zucchini to you, you would probably never guess that they were made with Manwich, but once told you could definitely be able to detect those signature flavors marrying oh so well with the addition of Mexican seasonings. These stuffed zucchini boats looks like a fancy, complicated meal while remaining a great weeknight meal that will capture your attention.
How will you start your week with Manwhich Monday? Be sure to check out more Manwich Monday Recipes and visit manwich.com and follow Manwich on Twitter for ideas and recipes. To find Manwich products in a store near you, use the product locator on ConAgra Foods’ Website. You can also sign-up for ReadySetEat eNewsletter.
One year ago: Watermelon Mojito
Two years ago: Healthier Buckeyes
Three years ago: Fall Recipe Roundup
Four years ago: Sausage Stuffed Pretzel Bites
MEXICAN MANWICH STUFFED ZUCCHINI BOATS
4 medium zucchini (about 30 oz.)
1 lb. ground beef
1 (16 oz.) can Manwich Bold Sloppy Joe Sauce
4 oz. cream cheese
1 tsp cumin
1/2 cup corn kernels
1-1/2 cups salsa
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
3 green onions, chopped
Sour cream or Greek yogurt
- Bring a large pot of water to boil. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut zucchini in half lengthwise and scoop out flesh, leaving 1/4″ thick. Drop zucchini halves in boiling water and cook 1 minute. Remove from water.
- In a frying pan oven medium heat, cook ground beef until no longer pink; drain grease then stir in Manwich sauce, cream cheese, and cumin. Cover and simmer until cheese is melted. Add corn and mix well. Set aside.
- While ground beef is cooking, cut the zucchini and remove the seeds. Stuff each zucchini shell with the meat mixture.
- Pour salsa on bottom of one 9×13 baking dish (or two 5×7). Place zucchini in the prepared pan, cover with foil, and bake for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, add shredded cheese and bake for 10-15 more minutes with the foil removed. Top with green onions and sour cream.