These breakfast enchiladas are packed with so much veggie goodness that you might meet your quota for the day.
Welcome to the third annual #BrunchWeek hosted by Terri from Love and Confections and Shaina from Take A Bite Out Of Boca. We are so excited to have you join us this year! Celebrate Brunch with us this week as we prepare for Mother’s Day. 30 Bloggers from around the country will showcase their best brunch dishes, from cocktails to casseroles, breakfast breads, sandwiches and salads – there is something for everyone! We also have a huge giveaway that you need to make sure you check out. Click HERE to find out more.
In case Brunch Week wasn’t already enough of a party, not only was my 30th birthday yesterday but today is Cinco de Mayo. Obviously I had to make a brunch menu item that would be fitting for such a celebration and since I have already covered breakfast nachos, burritos, quesadillas, and tacos, it was time to go after the enchiladas. This decision was made even easier upon the bountiful arrival of Grimmway Farms veggies and Cabot Creamery cheeses which were cooked up with a fancy new Le Creuset saute spoon. The only difficult part of this recipe was packing all of that goodness into only 8 tortillas making them almost burrito sized. No one will be left hungry after this meal.
Take a look at what the #BrunchWeek Bloggers are cooking up today!
BrunchWeek Egg Dishes:
- Oat-Chata from Culinary Adventures with Camilla.
BrunchWeek Egg Dishes:
- Build Your Own Benedicts from A Day in the Life on the Farm.
- Ham, Asparagus and Goat Cheese Egg Muffin Cups from Cupcakes & Kale Chips.
BrunchWeek Breads, Grains and Pastries:
- Donut Holes with a Trio of Dipping Sauces from The Redhead Baker.
- Trail Mix Granola from Making Miracles.
- Bananas Foster Baked Oatmeal from The Suburban Soapbox.
BrunchWeek Main Dishes:
- Vegetarian Breakfast Enchiladas from The Spiffy Cookie.
BrunchWeek Fruits, Vegetables and Sides:
- Caramelized Onion and Sweet Potato Hash from Take A Bite Out Of Boca.
- Asparagus and Heirloom Carrots Salad from Jane’s Adventures in Dinner.
- Roasted Grape & Bleu Cheese Bruschetta from Bread Booze Bacon.
- Papas con Chorizo from Sew You Think You Can Cook.
- Whiskey Walnut Tart from Love and Confections.
One year ago: Raspberry Tequila Sunrise
Three years ago: Dulce de Leche Brownies
Four years ago: Homemade Salsa
VEGGIE BREAKFAST ENCHILADAS
1 Tbsp olive oil
1/4 cup milk
1/2 Tbsp chili powder
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp ground black pepper
1 medium yellow onion, diced
1 bunch Grimmway Farms Cal-Organic rainbow chard, stems removed and chopped
1 bunch Grimmway Farms Cal-Organic kale, stems removed and chopped
2 (10 oz.) cans green enchilada sauce
1 (14 oz.) can black beans, drained and rinsed
2 avocados, diced
1 (8 oz.) block Cabot sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
8 (8 inch) flour tortillas
1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a 9×13-inch baking pan with nonstick spray and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, beat the eggs, milk, chili powder, cumin, salt, and pepper. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onion and cook until tender, about 5 minutes. Add the egg mixture and cook for another 5 minutes or until no longer runny. Stir in the chard, kale, carrots, and one can of enchilada sauce. Cover and let cook until greens are wilted, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in the black beans (reserving 1/4 cup), 1 avocado, and all but 1/2 cup of the cheese.
- Add half of the second can of enchilada sauce to the bottom of the prepared pan. Place egg mixture into the center of each tortilla and roll, placing seam-side down in the dish (they will be super-stuffed with filling and cramped in the dish but squeeze them in there).
- Pour the remaining sauce over the enchiladas. Top with leftover cheese and bake for 20 minutes or until bubbling and lightly brown on top.
- Garnish with remaining black beans, avocado, and cilantro. Serve immediately.
Source: Inspired by Gimme Some Oven.
Disclaimer: Thank you to #BrunchWeek Sponsors: Bob’s Red Mill, Cabot Creamery Cooperative, California Walnuts, Dixie Crystals, Grimmway Farms/Cal-Organic/True Juice, KitchenAid, Le Creuset, Nielsen-Massey Vanillas, Pacari Chocolate, Stonyfield Organic, Vidalia Onions, and Woot Froot for providing the prizes free of charge. These companies also provided the bloggers with samples and product to use for #BrunchWeek. All opinions are my own.
Made something from the blog?
Be sure to share it
on Instagram with the