Everything you love about pecan pie now in a single serving size. This bourbon pecan pie for one is easy to prepare, complete with a mini pie crust recipe.
Today everyone’s nuts are on display for Grab Some Nuts Day! A group of bloggers got together to play with their nuts in celebration of this awesomely silly holiday, creating nutty recipes featuring tanned nuts, salty nuts, nut butters and nut balls. So grab some nuts and get ready to show them off.
I’m not sure when my love of nuts began but I naively proclaimed it during my high school AP English class. The assignment was to write a letter in the form of a poem (we were learning the different styles at the time) and as usual our teacher was anonymously reading them in front of the class. One student wrote a letter to a candy bar company protesting all the nuts they put in their products – at which point I gasped and exclaimed “but I love nuts!” As I am sure you can imagine, the 17/18 year-olds in my class stifled their laughter as I suddenly became aware of what I had said and felt the blood rushing to my face, but thankfully our teacher continued reading and I was spared.
For my contribution to Grab Some Nuts Day I got my nuts drunk and gooey in a single serving bourbon pecan pie because it’s not the size that matters, it’s how you use it (and because today is Single Serving Sunday as well).
Be sure to visit all the other Nutty Participants for Grab Some Nuts Day:
- How to Toast your Nuts by Cravings of a Lunatic
- Flourless Peanut Butter Walnut Brownie Cookies by It’s Yummi
- Nutty Chocolate Chip Brownies by Roxana’s Home Baking
- Salted Caramel Peanut Pie by Hungry Couple
- Pistachio Cream Cheese French Toast by Baking in a Tornado
- Dark Chocolate Chip + Hazelnut Cookies by Spiced
- Peanut Butter Martini Mousse by Cooking in Stilettos
- Classic Peanut Butter Cookies by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Cashew and Pistachio Truffles by Culinary Ginger
- Chocolate Bourbon Pecan Pie by Kelli’s Kitchen
- Bourbon Pecan Pie for One by The Spiffy Cookie
- Herb Roasted Cashews by Noshing with the Nolands
Guess that if you are what you eat, we’re all nuts.
Three years ago: Deviled Strawberries
PECAN PIE FOR ONE
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/8 tsp sugar
1/8 tsp salt
2 Tbsp cold unsalted butter
1/8 tsp white vinegar (or lemon juice)
1 Tbsp cold milk
Heaping 1/4 cup pecan halves
2 Tbsp granulated sugar
2 Tbsp brown sugar
1 Tbsp unsalted butter
1/4 cup light corn syrup
1 egg, lightly beaten
1 tsp bourbon
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 tsp salt
- In a small bowl combine the flour, sugar, and salt. Cut butter into the flour mixture until it resembles coarse crumbs. Combine the vinegar with the water and sprinkle over the mixture. Stir and then form into a ball. Place in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Roll out pie crust to fit in a mini pie pan (I used a deep, 4-inch pyrex). Pour pecans in the bottom of the unbaked pie crust, and set aside.
- In a small bowl, blend together the sugars and butter until creamy. Whisk in the corn syrup, egg, bourbon, vanilla, salt, and cinnamon until incorporated.
- Pour syrup mixture over the pecans in the crust. Cover top and crust lightly/gently with foil. Bake for 25 minutes, remove foil, then continue baking for 15 minutes or until set. Allow to cool on a wire rack before serving.