Make your own mini quiche complete with a mini homemade pie crust. Then dress it up using your favorite quiche fillings. Perfect for one or double for two!
I realize that only two months ago I shared a single serving quiche recipe baked inside of a bagel but I enjoy eggs for breakfast and am sharing another single serving quiche recipe (and admittedly not the most photogenic food item). This time it is baked in a mini homemade pie crust, so it’s just like a traditional quiche but miniaturized. And it’s the same pie crust I used for the bourbon pecan pie for one. What other mini pies would you want to make using this since serving pie crust?
Two years ago: Gingerbread Oreo Snowman Truffles
Three years ago: Jalapeno Cornbread
Four years ago: Pretzel Rolls
QUICHE FOR ONE
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/8 tsp sugar
1/8 tsp salt
2 Tbsp cold unsalted butter
1/8 tsp white vinegar (or lemon juice)
1 Tbsp cold milk
3-4 Tbsp desired filings (I used chopped tomato, ham, and basil)
2 eggs + 1 Tbsp milk, beaten
Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a small bowl combine the flour, sugar, and salt. Cut butter into the flour mixture until it resembles coarse crumbs.
- Combine the vinegar with the milk and sprinkle over the mixture. Stir and then form into a ball.
- Place in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or overnight (could also make a bigger batch and freeze for later use).
- Preheat oven or toaster oven to 375 degrees. Spray a 1-cup ramekin or mini pie pan with nonstick spray (I used a deep, 4-inch pyrex).
- Roll out pie crust to fit the prepared pan. Place fillings in the pie and cover with egg mixture.
- Bake 20 to 30 minutes, or until the egg is completely set. Serve immediately.