Bagel quiche AKA the portable quiche. Bake a quiche for one in the shell of your favorite flavor bagel. Add beaten eggs and your favorite fillings.
Are you ready for a hand-held quiche? An on-the-go quiche? You didn’t think that was possible did you? Well grab a bagel and tear its guts out because its time to eat breakfast.
Although this recipe does take 20-30 minutes to bake, it is a fun thing to try on the weekend and would be a perfect grab and go breakfast option if made in advance and reheated. After digging out the insides (similar to a bread bowl), fill with beaten eggs and your favorite additions. Bake and enjoy!
Don’t want to go to the store for one bagel? Try my bagel for one recipe.
One year ago: Easy Peanut Butter and Dark Chocolate Fudge
Two years ago: Guacamole Seasoning
Three years ago: Breakfast Quesadillas
1 unsplit bagel (any flavor)
3-4 Tbsp desired filings (I used chopped kale, onion, and cheddar cheese)
Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray a piece of foil with nonstick spray and set aside.
- Slice just the very bottom of the bagel off. (Set aside to eat, turn into breadcrumbs or discard.)
- Carefully hollow out the bread inside of the bagel, making sure not to puncture through. Set the bagel, cut-side-up, on the foil and wrap up the sides with the foil, keeping the top open. Distribute filling evenly inside.
- In a small bowl, whisk 2 eggs and pour them into the bagel. If the egg and filling does not fill the bagel completely, add another whisked egg on top or more filling.
- Bake 20 to 30 minutes, or until the egg is completely set. Serve immediately.
Source: The Recipe Girl