Why make regular burgers when you can have bacon & pimento cheese burgers!? Top your traditional patty with prepare pimento cheese and thick crispy bacon.
Not only is May National Burger Month and Beef Month but today is National Burger Day! While the patty of this burger creation may be standard salt and pepper seasoned ground beef, the topping is less traditional.
What you need to make Bacon & Pimento Cheese Burgers:
- Ground beef
- Prepared pimento cheese
- Thick bacon
- Burger buns
Inspired by my favorite pimento cheese dip (which comes with or without candied bacon bits) from Bleu & Fig, this burger is topped with pimento cheese and thick crispy bacon. I originally was going to top it with candied bacon but decided to keep it more savory – TBH mostly because I was lazy.
But you know what? There’s nothing wrong with taking the easy way out. Heck I didn’t even make my own pimento cheese, I actually bought it from Bleu & Fig, because why dabble with a recipe when you know where to get the good stuff? I did link to a recipe in the ingredient list if you want to make your own.
- Bacon and Cracklin Bread from That Recipe
- Blackened Mahi Mahi from Art of Natural Living
- Pimento Cheese Macaroni Salad from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Skillet Shrimp Boil from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Slow Cooker Baby Back Ribs from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- South Carolina Bird Dogs from Palatable Pastime
- Southern Fried Potatoes from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Southern Style Hush Puppies from Jen Around the World
- Add ground beef to a large bowl and season with cocoa, salt and pepper. Form into four equal patties and then let sit at room temperature. Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- Grill the burgers about 4 minutes per side or until desired doneness (toast buns towards end of cooking time). Remove from the grill and cover with foil.
- To assemble burgers, place a burger on the bottom half of a bun and top with pimento cheese, 2 slices of bacon, and top half of the burger bun.