It may seem a bit extra to make smoked burgers, but they are well worth the extra cooking time. Topped with spicy garlic aioli they are hard to beat!
This post is sponsored in conjunction with #BBQWeek. The sponsors, Rainier Foods and Intensity Academy, generously provided samples to participants to aid in the creation of the #BBQWeek recipes and prize packages to give away to the readers. However, all opinions are mine alone.
Not only is today the first day of the virtual #BBQweek blogger event, but I am heading to Memphis, TN for the World Championship BBQ Competition tomorrow! I used to go every single year since I first lived in Memphis starting in 2007, but between getting married, moving, and then COVID we have missed the last several.
In the past we were just guests, crashing our friends’ teams tents, but this year we finally joined the team. Bob and I are helping with the smoked wings so keep your fingers crossed for us. To be honest, I just helped come up with the rub blend that Bob uses, he does all the meat smoking. If it’s a winner maybe I’ll share it afterwards ;-).
In the meantime, how about some smoked burgers?
Just like the wings, Bob and I teamed up for this recipe. He added the Rainier Foods The Essentials Seasoning to the patties and then once they were properly smoked I topped them with a spicy garlic aioli made with Intensity Academy Saucy Queen Garlic Goodness. Perfection!
Enter the win the giveaway provided by our generous sponsors located at the end of this post and check out the other recipes shared today below…
Monday #BBQWeek Recipes
Starters and Sides
- Bacon Cheddar Jalapenos from Jolene’s Recipe Journal
- Lemon-Garlic Roasted Potato Salad from A Little Fish in the Kitchen
- Grilled Kale Salad with Grilled Croutons and Garlic Dressing from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Spicy Hummus Dip from Art of Natural Living
- Barbecued Pork Burgers from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Beef Kafta from A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Chai Teriyaki Shrimp Salad from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Grilled Glazed Blackberry Chicken from Blogghetti
- Grilled Zesty Greek Chicken from Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Jalapeno-Marinated Pork Kabobs from Sweet Beginnings
- Margarita Grilled Shrimp from Jen Around the World
- Southwestern Chicken Skewers from The Freshman Cook
- Sweet and Spicy Chicken and Pineapple Skewers from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- 1-1/3 lb. ground beef chuck
- 1 tsp Rainier Foods The Essentials Seasoning
- Red onion, sliced
- Tomato, sliced
- Leafy lettuce
- 4 toasted burger buns
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tsp Intensity Academy Saucy Queen Garlic Goodness
Preheat your smoker to 225 degrees F.
Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise and Intensity Academy Saucy Queen Garlic Goodness - set aside.
Shape ground beef into 4 patties and sprinkle both sides with Rainier Foods The Essentials Seasoning.
Place the seasoned patties in your smoker and cook for 1-1.5 hours or until the internal temperature is 140 degrees F - whichever comes first.
- Remove the burger patties from the smoker, assemble on toasted buns with spicy garlic aioli, other desired toppings, and serve immediately.
Source: My husband
Did you make this recipe? I want to see! Tag @THESPIFFYCOOKIE on Instagram and hashtag it #THESPIFFYCOOKIEa Rafflecopter giveaway
DISCLAIMER: Thank you #BBQWeek sponsors Saucy Queen and Rainier Foods for donating the prizes for this event. The #BBQWeek giveaway is open to U.S. residents, age 18 & up. All entries for the winner are checked and verified. By entering you give the right to use your name and likeness. The number of entries received determines the odds of winning.
Two (2) winners are selected at random from entries received. The prize packages are fulfilled by and sent directly from the giveaway sponsors. #BBQWeek bloggers are not responsible for the fulfillment or delivery of the prize packages. Bloggers hosting this giveaway and their immediate family members in their household are not eligible to enter or win the giveaway. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter or any other social channel mentioned in the #BBQWeek posts or entries.