Gingered pears are topped with a graham crumble topping in this fall flavored galette, served with a dollop of fresh whipped mascarpone.
This content contains affiliate links and was made with complimentary products. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
When the flavors of fall start trending, the first one people flock to is pumpkin, with apple coming in second. But what about pears?
The last couple years I have embraced the glory of pears as the perfect transitional fruit from summer to fall. I may be sad that peaches are at their end for another year, but at least I have pears.
Not to say I don’t like apples and pumpkin, in fact I went apple picking this past weekend, I just think pears don’t get enough credit.
Also, where are the U-pick pears? The only one I have seen here is just for Asian pears, not that I don’t enjoy those, but there are so many other kinds! But I digress…
Thankfully, Melissa’s Produce also sent a bunch of pears in their care package for #FallFlavors week. Combine that with the gluten-free ginger oat graham crackers from Nairn’s, and vanilla bean paste from Taylor & Colledge I also received and I knew I have to bake something good.
Since galettes are the best, laziest pies ever, I decided to make a gingered pear galette with a crumbly toppings and served with fresh whipped mascarpone.
First of all, my obsession with ginger and pear, and cardamom and pear, is real and further verified by this dessert. And that whipped mascarpone? It makes me want to never make regular whipped cream ever again.
I also garnished it with a sprinkle of chopped pistachios because why not?
Want even more fall-inspired recipes? Check out the list below. After you have saved some to make, scroll to the bottom of this post to enter the giveaway from some wonderful brands!
Tuesday Fall Recipes
- Apple Pear Crisp by Family Around the Table
- Au Gratin Potatoes & Sunchokes by Sweet Beginnings
- Caramel Apple Pie Bombs by Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Caramel Apple Tea Doughnuts by Kate’s Recipe Box
- Gingered Pear Crumble Galette with Whipped Mascarpone by The Spiffy Cookie
- Green Apple Mule by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Herb Roasted Sunchokes by Blogghetti
- Make The Best Ever Southern Candied Yams Recipe by Intelligent Domestications
- No-Churn Caramel Apple Ice Cream by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Pear & Apple Sauce by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Roasted Butternut Squash with Apples by Eat Move Make
- Tea Brined Pork Tenderloin by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Gluten-Free Vanilla Apple Fritters by Frugal & Fit
Two years ago: Baked Peanut Butter Churros with Chocolate Caramel Sauce
Six years ago: Grilled Polenta with Spicy Steak
Eight years ago: Peanut Butter and Chocolate Popcorn
Nine years ago: Buffalo Chicken Meatball Subs
- 4 peeled pears, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1-1/2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1-1/2 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1 Tbsp grated ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground cardamom
- Pinch salt
- 3/4 cup ground graham crackers
- 1/4 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup + 2 Tbsp packed brown sugar
- Pinch salt
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) chilled butter, cut into cubes
- 1 refrigerated pie crust (or homemade)
- 1 egg + 1 tsp water, lightly beaten
- Coarse sugar
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with a silicone baking mat or parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, toss pears, brown sugar, cornstarch, grated ginger, ground ginger, cinnamon, cardamom, and salt. Set aside to macerate while you prepare the mascarpone filling.
- In a medium bowl, blend together the cream cheese, sugar, egg yolk, vanilla, and salt. Set aside.
- In another medium bowl, combine the ground graham crackers, oats, sugar and salt. Using a pastry cutter or two knives, cut in the butter until it resembles coarse sand. Set aside.
- Roll out dough onto the prepared baking sheet. Leaving a 2-inch border of crust, spread mascarpone evenly over the dough. Layer the pears evenly on top of the mascarpone, and sprinkle with topping. Fold the crust over the pears on the edges. Brush the exposed crust with the egg wash and sprinkle with coarse sugar.
- Bake 35-40 minutes, or until the fruit is bubbling around the sides, and the crust and topping are golden. Place sheet on a wire rack to cool completely.
- While the galette cools, whip the mascarpone. In a medium bowl, add mascarpone, powdered sugar, heavy cream, and vanilla. using a hand mixer, beat, starting on low speed and gradually increasing speed, until mixture is light and fluffy, about 1 minute. Serve galette with a dollop of whipped mascarpone.
- Cut and serve topped with whipped mascarpone. (Best served on same day.)
Source: Adapted from my Ginger-Nectarine Galette, Blueberries and Cream Galette, and Strawberry-Rhubarb Granola Crumble.
The wonderful #FallFlavors sponsors have donated some awesome prizes for our readers to win. They, in conjunction with our participating bloggers and event hosts, Family Around the Table, A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures, and Hezzi D’s Books and Cooks invite you to enter the giveaway through the widget below. There are many opportunities to enter!
Dixie Crystals Sugar wants your baking to be sweet. They are giving away a set of OXO Good Grips 3 piece Stainless Steel Mixing Bowls.
Taylor and Colledge is giving away a variety of their baking pastes. Your fall and holiday baked goods will wow your family and guests.
Take dinner to a whole new level with a variety box of fresh produce from Melissa’s. Here’s an opportunity to try some fruits and vegetables you may not otherwise have in your local market.
One lucky winner will receive a goodie box with a variety of Nairn’s gluten-free products. Enjoy them for a snack or use them in creative ways for meals and desserts.
This giveaway will have multiple winners. Giveaway open to US residents only who are 18 years of age and older. Winners have 24 hours to respond to email notification. If they do not respond within that time they forfeit, and a new winner is chosen. Void where prohibited. Prize fulfillment handled by the sponsor. Neither hosts nor participant bloggers are responsible for prize fulfillment. No purchase necessary. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter, or any other social channel mentioned in the posts or entry.
Follow the Fall Flavors Pinterest board for more fall recipe inspiration!
Thank you #FallFlavors Week Sponsors: Melissa’s Produce, Dixie Crystals, Torani, Republic of Tea, Taylor & Colledge, and Nairn’s for providing the prizes free of charge. These companies also provided the bloggers with samples and product to use for #FallFlavors Week recipes. All opinions are my own. The #FallFlavors Week giveaway is open to residents of the United States who are 18 years of age or older. All entries for the winner will be checked and verified. By entering you give the right to use your name and likeness. The number of entries received determines the odds of winning. Six (6) winners will be selected. The prize packages will be sent directly from the giveaway sponsors. The #FallFlavors Week Bloggers are not responsible for the fulfillment or delivery of the prize packages. Bloggers hosting this giveaway and their immediate family members in their household cannot enter or win the giveaway. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter or any other social channel mentioned in the #FallFlavors Week posts or entry.