Who else loves strawberry spinach salad? What if I served it on top of a pizza crust? Cause that’s what this pizza is all about.
Are you on team fruit as a pizza topping? Pineapple is usually the fruit in question and personally I think it is amazing on pizza. Especially when paired with ham or bacon. Mmmm deliciousness.
But today I am expanding your horizons to strawberry! It is #BerryWeek after all and I love an excuse to get creative.
After weeks of falling off the wagon, I’ve been trying to get back into the habit of eating more greens, so what better way than to serve one of my favorite warm-weather salads on top of a pizza?
This oil based pizza is topped with all the components you love in strawberry spinach salad: crumbled feta cheese, fresh strawberries, red onion, almonds, and post oven spinach and a balsamic drizzle.
The best part? The strawberries basically get roasted on top. If you’ve never had a roasted strawberry before you are in for a treat.
And of course a balsamic drizzle elevates any pizza. It’s one of my favorite post-own pizza toppings in recent times along with hot honey, fresh greens, and ricotta. Not necessarily all at once…. but maybe ;-).
Wednesday Berry Week Recipes
- Berry Pretzel Dessert by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Berry Sourdough Muffins by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Blackberry Glazed Chicken by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Blueberry and Cream Breakfast Pastry by The Freshman Cook
- Mixed Berry Sangria by Family Around the Table
- Oven Baked Ribs with Blackberry Sauce by Eat Move Make
- Raspberry Danish Pinwheels by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Raspberry Peach Jam by The Redhead Baker
- Strawberry Spinach Salad Pizza by The Spiffy Cookie
- Strawberry, Bacon & Brie Panini with Balsamic Honey Sauce by Sweet Beginnings
One year ago: Pesto Chicken Salad
Four years ago: Taco Hummus
Five years ago: Chicken Satay with Spicy Peanut Sauce & Coconut-Ginger Rice
Six years ago: Homemade Whole Wheat Bread Bowls
Seven years ago: S’mores Puppy Chow
Nine years ago: Banana Foster Cream Pie
- 1 recipe pizza dough, risen
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup pizza cheese blend, shredded
- 4 fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1 Tbsp toasted almond slices
- 1 cup chopped spinach
- 2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar (or balsamic reduction)
- Place pizza stone on middle rack and allow to preheat in the oven to 450 degrees, for at least 10 minutes.
- Roll out pizza dough and transfer to a pizza peel sprinkled with cornmeal.
- Evenly brush on the olive oil,followed by feta cheese, pizza cheese, strawberries, red onion, and almond slices. Transfer to the pizza stone (without removing from the oven) and bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the crust starts to turn golden and the cheese starts to bubble.
- Allow to cool 5 minutes. Top with spinach, drizzle with balsamic, slice and serve.
Source: Adapted from my Feta & Broccoli Pizza.
Did you make this recipe? I want to see!