Muddled blackberries are perfect in this bourbon smash, and also perfect for porch sipping. Cheers to summer!
What happens when you are coming up with recipes to celebrate #BerryWeek but don’t want to turn on the oven again? You pour yourself a cocktail with mashed up berries in it!
With all the mint growing in our garden right now it seemed almost necessary to make this bourbon smash cocktail. But now that I know how easy it is to whip up one of these that mint may not be so plentiful for much longer. Especially if this weather continues the way it has been ::knock on wood::.
Speaking of nice weather, our nighborhood Friday happy hours have re-started with appropriate social distancing spaced out on 2 front yards on our street. I miss the shared snacks but it’s just nice to see everyone and catch up!
This is actually my last recipe for #BerryWeek but there are plenty more to check out today and tomorrow!
Thursday Berry Week Recipes
- Blackberry Bourbon Smash by The Spiffy Cookie
- Blueberry Upside Down Cake by Blogghetti
- Raspberry Coconut Mojitos by The Baking Fairy
- Strawberry Crumb Bars by Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Strawberry Rhubarb BBQ Sauce by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Triple Summer Berry Fluff by Daily Dish Recipes
Two years ago: Oatmeal White Chocolate Chip Cookies
Five years ago: S’moreo French Silk Pie
Six years ago: Fresh Strawberry Pie
Seven years ago: Pork Loin Chops with Avocado-Manga Salsa and Spinach Quinoa
- 6-8 fresh mint leaves, plus more for garnish
- 4 fresh blackberries, plus more for garnish
- 1/2 lime, cut into 4 wedges
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1/2 cup crushed ice
- 2 fl oz. bourbon
- 1-2 fl oz. ginger beer
- In the bottom of a mixing glass, place mint leaves, blackberries, 3 lime wedges and honey. Crush with a muddler (or something blunt). Add ice and bourbon and shake well.
- Pour into a chilled glass and top off with ginger beer. Serve with an additional sprig of mint, remaining lime wedge, and/or blackberry.
Source: Adapted slightly from Tipsy Bartender.
Did you make this recipe? I want to see!