Instead of molten lava cakes how about molten slime cakes? These are a perfect treat for Halloween topped with a whipped cream ghost!
This post and recipe was created for #HalloweenTreatsWeek! I was sent samples by some of the sponsor companies but as always opinions are 100% mine.
Bob and I pulled out our Halloween decorations for the house and decided we needed more so we went to the store Monday night to grab some skeletons for our porch. This weekend Bob will make some gravestones and we will be on our way to having a properly decorated house! Next I need to ask my dad for directions on how he assembled a giant rope spider web for the house I grew up in. Add a few more strings of lights and I think we will be done! Now for the treats.
I love a good molten lava cake, but it’s been a hot minute since I’ve had one, let alone made one. So why not celebrate the coming of Halloween with a slime version? Bright green gooey centers are not something normally sought after but anything goes for Halloween! It’s actually a cream cheese center dyed green (which is cheating a little bit for the molten factor as I believe a true molten lava cake should not have anything placed in the center, but instead taking it out of the oven at the right time leaving the center hot but not solid – but I digress).
I do lament my poor staging of this photo and wish I had more time to do it again because they look kind of gross to me. But I guess Halloween is about being kind of gross? And besides they taste really good! And also, I decided I don’t really care because there are more important things going on in my life right now than worrying about redoing these photos – my mom is finally going home from the hospital today!
Check out the amazing #HalloweenTreatsWeek recipes from our bloggers today!
- BloodShot Eyeball Chocolate Apple Slices from Big Bear’s Wife
- Halloween Sugar Cookie Bars from Fake Ginger
- Day of the Dead Mexican Hot Cocoa from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Gluten Free Graveyard Dirt Cake from Frugal & Fit
- Sugar Skull S’mores Cheesecake from Cookaholic Wife
- Jack Skellington Peanut Butter Cups from Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Hocus Pocus Potion from Jen Around the World
- Halloween Puppy Chow from Daily Dish Recipes
- Halloween Spooky Finger Cupcakes from Everyday Eileen
- Ghostly Halloween Brownie Cupcakes from Sweet Beginnings
- Halloween Chocolate Crack from Back To My Southern Roots
- Frosted Halloween Sheet Pan Cookies from Creative Southern Home
- Slime Lava Cakes from The Spiffy Cookie
- Hocus Pocus Cake Popsicles from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Dia de los Muertos Cake from Lemon Blossoms
- Ghoul’s Blood Cocktail from West Via Midwest
- Halloween Pretzel Owls from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Monster Mash Halloween Edible Cookie Dough from Strawberry Blondie Kitchen
- Haunted Gingerbread House from The Redhead Baker
- Black Cat Brownies from Jonesin’ For Taste
- Frankenberry Berry Hand Pies from Sweet ReciPEAs
- Haunted House Cupcake Tower from Pint Sized Baker
- Halloween Mummy Pizza Toast from Katie’s Cucina
- Ghostly Pumpkin Custards from My Sweet Zepol
- Cinnamon & Sugar Pretzel Bones from Savory Moments
- Bloody Good Vegan Cherry Chip Bundt Cake from The Baking Fairy
- Halloween Candy Kabobs from Intelligent Domestications
- Halloween Hand Pies from A Blender Mom
- Halloween Dessert Board from Books n’ Cooks
Two years ago: Pumpkin White Chocolate Chip Macadamia Nut Cookies
Three years ago: Weekly Meal Plan #33
Four years ago: Chocolate Deviled Eggs
Five years ago: No-Churn Pumpkin Cannoli Ice Cream
Six years ago: Ghost Chili with Cornbread Topping and Chipotle Creama
SLIME LAVA CAKES
Serves 8 people with self-control, or 4 fat kids
4 oz. semisweet chocolate baking squares
1/2 cup unsalted butter
1 cup Dixie Crystals powdered sugar
2 eggs + 2 egg yolks
6 Tbsp all-purpose flour
6 oz. cream cheese, room temperature
1 Tbsp Dixie Crystals granulated pure cane sugar
Adams Extract green food coloring
1/4 tsp Adams Extract pure vanilla extract
Wilton black decorating icing
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Grease 4 ramekins and place on cookie set; set aside.
- Microwave chocolate and butter in large microwaveable bowl on high 1 to 1-1/2 minutes or until chocolate is almost melted. Stir with whisk until chocolate is completely melted. Stir in powdered sugar. Blend in whole eggs and egg yolks. Stir in flour; set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix cream cheese, sugar, green food coloring, and vanilla until well blended.
- Pour half the chocolate batter into prepared dishes, place cream cheese mixture in the center of each, and cover with remaining chocolate batter.
- Bake 10 minutes or until edge is set but center is still slightly soft. Cool slightly. Gently run a knife around the edges and invert onto a plate. Serve topped with whipped cream, dotted with black icing for ghost eyes and mouth.
Source: Adapted from my Peanut Butter-Chocolate Molten Lava Cakes.
Happy Halloween! It’s October which means it’s time for Spooky Season and this year’s #HalloweenTreatsWeek event! #HalloweenTreatsWeek is hosted by Angie from Big Bear’s Wife & its a creepy and haunting week-long event is filled with some amazingly wicked Halloween treats, recipes and some frightfully fun giveaways.
“When witches go riding, and black cats are seen, the moon laughs and whispers ‘tis near Halloween.”
For the 2nd annual #HalloweenTreatsWeek event we have 41 fantastically talented bloggers that are sharing their favorite Halloween recipes throughout the week! There are going to be over 160 Halloween themed recipes shared during this year’s #HalloweenTreatsWeek and we can’t wait for you to see them all! Follow the hashtag #HalloweenTreatsWeek on social media and look at the bottom of each post to see all of the Halloween recipes that we’re sharing!
Plus, don’t forget that we have 6 (six) great giveaways for you this week thanks to our amazing sponsors!
Scroll down to take a look!
Prize #1 — Dixie Crystals is giving away a “Dinner and Dessert Set” – ONE 6-Quart Cook & Carry Programmable Slow Cooker, a Pyrex mixing bowl set plus some fun Dixie Crystals items like a Dixie Crystal Apron and Cookbook!
Prize #2 — Adam’s Extract is giving away – 1 Gift Pack – including 4oz Adams Best, 1.5 oz Peppermint, 1.5oz Almond, 1 bottle vanilla cinnamon sugar, 1 bottle pumpkin pie spice
Prize #3 —Wilton is giving away a Texturra 7-Piece Bakeware Set
Prize #4 — Sweets and Treats Shop is giving away a large baking box of goodies! Sweets and Treats will send one lucky winner a large assortment of sprinkles and lines and other samples of their products!
Prize #5 — Treat Street USA is giving away a set of Holiday Treat Decorations (1 Gummy Assortment, 1 Marshmallow Snowman, 1 Toy Solider and 1 Gingerbread Men)
Prize # 6– Litehouseis giving away the following: 1 Litehouse® Honeycrisp Apple Cider, 1 Litehouse® Old Fashioned Caramel, 1 Litehouse® Pumpkin Spice Caramel, 1 Litehouse® Butterscotch Caramel & 1 Litehouse® Chocolate Dip, Snack Packs
Giveaway open to US Residents 18 years or older. All entries will be verified. No PO Boxes Please. Prizes will be sent directly from sponsors to winners, bloggers are not responsible for prizes. This giveaway runs from October 7th – October 13th at 11:59PM EST. Winners will be selected soon afterward and contacted by e-mail. Winners will have 48 hours to respond or a new winner will be chosen. There are a total of 6 (six) prizes and therefore we will have a total of 6 (six) winners. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law.
Disclaimer: These posts and recipes are part of the week-long event, #HalloweenTreatsWeek but all opinions are 100% mine! We would like to Thank our amazing sponsors: Dixie Crystals, Adam’s Extract, Wilton, Sweets and Treats Shop, Treat Street USA and Litehouse! These wonderful sponsors provided the prize packs for our giveaways and also sent samples and products to the #HalloweenTreatsWeek bloggers to use in their recipes.