This post and recipe was created for #SummerDessertWeek. While I was sent samples by some of the sponsor companies, as always my opinions remain my own and I was not otherwise compensated.
All you have to do to take a traditional lemon chess pie to the next level is the simple addition of a couple teaspoons of lavender.
Today I am joining a team of bloggers to celebrate a week of summer desserts, dubbed #SummerDessertWeek! I know I’ve already shared a recipe for lemon chess pie (specifically Meyer lemon) and this recipe is nearly identical but it’s oh so different by the simple addition of a couple tablespoons of dried culinary lavender. Just enough to add an extra layer of flavor without being overpowering. And it’s just so dang pretty in a simplistic way!
After you’ve finished checking out the scads of other delicious treats shared today listed below, scroll all the way down to enter our giveaway thanks to the #SummerDessertWeek sponsors. In this particular recipe I used Dixie Crystals pure cane sugar and Adams Extract twice as strong vanilla and they provided an Instant Pot and prize-winning pound cake mix with a variety of extracts for the giveaway, respectively.
Check out the amazing #SummerDessertWeek recipes from our bloggers today!
Ice Cream Recipes:
- Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Bites from Big Bear’s Wife
- No Churn Cinnamon Roll Ice Cream from Pastry Chef Online
- Green Tea Ice Cream from Mildly Meandering
Pies of Summer:
Sweet Summertime Cakes:
- Cinnamon Oatmeal Cake from The Food Hunter’s Guide To Cuisine
- Lemon Chiffon Raspberry Parfait from Desserts Required
- S’mores Mousse Parfaits from Daily Dish Recipes
- Strawberry Pretzel Salad Parfaits from 4 Sons ‘R’ Us
- No-Bake Coconut Cream Pie In A Jar from A Southern Soul
- Strawberry Glazed Donut Bites from Eat Move Make
- Mixed Berry Fruit Pizza from The Bitter Side of Sweet
- Strawberry Cake Donuts from The Beard and The Baker
- Lemon Doberge Squares from Southern From Scratch
- Mini Blueberry Galettes from Me and My Pink Mixer
- Chocolate Churros from My Sweet Zepol
- Key Lime Fudge from The Domestic Kitchen
- Chocolate Strawberry Eclairs from Kudos Kitchen by Renee
- Peanut Butter and Jelly Bars from A Blender Mom
- Sweet Tea Bread Pudding from Sweet ReciPEAs
- Cream Puffs from For the Love of Food
Three years ago: Chinese Fried Rice
Four years ago: Crispy Peanut Tofu & Cauliflower Fried Rice
Six years ago: Salted Nutella Caramel Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
LEMON LAVENDER CHESS PIE
Makes 1 pie, serves 12-16
1 unbaked pie crust
3 eggs, separated
1-1/2 cups Dixie Crystals pure cane sugar
1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
1/4 cup lemon juice
1 Tbsp vinegar
1-1/2 tsp Adams Extract twice as strong vanilla
2 tsp dried culinary lavender
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place crust in a pie pan and crimp edges. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the egg yolks, sugar, melted butter, lemon juice, vinegar, and vanilla until blended. Gently fold in egg whites.
- Pour mixture into the pie crust, sprinkle lavender on top, and bake for 30-35 minutes or until knife inserted in the center comes out clean and is browned on top.
Source: Adapted from my Meyer Lemon Chess Pie.
Welcome to the 2nd Annual #SummerDessertWeek event hosted by Angie from Big Bear’s Wife. This sweet week-long event is filled with fun dessert recipes from amazing bloggers and some great giveaways from our generous sponsors! We can’t wait to share all of these summer-themed desserts with y’all and celebrate summertime sweets all week long!
There are 23 wonderful bloggers participating in this year’s event! With over 60 recipes being shared this week we just know that you’re going to find a new summer favorite! Plus, don’t forget that we have 5 (five) great giveaways for you this week too!
Scroll down to take a look!
Prize #1 — Dixie Crystals is giving away one (1) Instant Pot (8 Qt) to one lucky winner!
Prize #2 — Adam’s Extract is giving away – One bottle of Adams Best Vanilla Flavor, Adams Best Prize Winning Pound Cake Mix, Adams Extract Twice as Stong Vanilla and Adams Extract Lemon Extract
Prize #3– Red Star Yeast is giving away a gift pack including an Insulated Tote Bag, Apron, “The New Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day” Cookbook, Printed recipe ebook, Yeast (three 3-strips of Platinum), French Rolling Pin, Measuring Spoons, Bench Scraper/ Dough Cutter, Dough Whisk, Oven Mitt and Kitchen Towel
Prize #4 — Susquehanna Glass Co. is giving away one set (4 glasses) of Mermaids Stemless Wine Glasses. (like the Mermaid glasses you’ll see in some of our recipes this week!)
Prize #5 — Lodge Cast Iron is giving away one (1) 12-inch Cast Iron Skillet.
Giveaway open to US Residents 18 years or older. No PO Boxes Please. giveaway runs from July 9th until July 15th at 12AMEST. Winners will be selected soon afterward and contacted by e-mail. Winners will have 48 hours to respond or a new winner will be chosen. There are a total of 5 (five) prizes and therefore we will have a total of 5 (five) winners.
Disclaimer: These posts and recipes are part of the week-long event, #SummerDessertWeek but all opinions are 100% mine! We would like to Thank our amazing sponsors: Dixie Crystals, Adam’s Extract, Red Star Yeast, Susquehanna Glass Co. and Lodge Cast Iron! These wonderful sponsors provided the prize packs for our giveaways and also sent samples and products to the #SummerDessertWeek bloggers to use in their recipes.