This post and recipe was created for #SummerDessertWeek. While I was sent samples by some of the sponsor companies, as always my opinions remain my own and I was not otherwise compensated. This recipe contains alcohol and is only for adults 21+.
Summer isn’t complete with mojitos or popsicles so why not combine them into one?
I don’t normally fall into the stereotypical “basic white girl” categories: I never wore UGGs, don’t drink coffee let alone “PSLs”, I’m not sure I even know what Tumblr is, still don’t like Vera Bradley, don’t call breakfast “brekkies” or pizza “za”, and rarely have a clue/care about what famous person is dating/divorcing who. But I dang it do I ever love mojitos and mules. Proof? This is my second mojito recipe in a month. But hey this one comes in popsicle form and it’s a totally different fruit than last time. True, I essentially turned my recipe for a strawberry mojito into a popsicle, but that recipe s 7 years old and I’m sure you’ve all forgotten about it by now so consider this your refresher course.
This popsicle is my second contribution to #SummerDessertWeek. While yes it’s a mojito with slightly less booze frozen into a popsicle mold, don’t go handing these out to the neighborhood kids. This is an adult only treat and I promise you’ll be glad you have to keep them all to yourself. You could even get all fancy and serve them in a glass of prosecco or something else bubbly. But what do I know? Oh snap now I want to make a mule popsicle and serve it in ginger beer. Thank you for joining me in this train of thought. Now go check out everyone else’s recipes for today and enter the giveaway located at the end of this post!
Check out the amazing #SummerDessertWeek recipes from our bloggers today!
Ice Cream Recipes:
- No Churn S’mores Ice Cream Ice Cream from Big Bear’s Wife
- Strawberry Mojito Popsicles from The Spiffy Cookie
- Happylicious Chocolate Peanut Butter Ice Cream Parfait from Desserts Required
- Toasted Almond Ice Cream Bars from Kudos Kitchen by Renee
- No Churn Banana Pudding Ice Cream from A Blender Mom
Sweet Summertime Cakes:
- Coconut Lime Pound Cake from The Food Hunter’s Guide To Cuisine
- Old Fashioned Cocktail Upside Down Cake from Forking Up
- No Bake Lemonade Pie from 4 Sons ‘R’ Us
- Strawberry Cream Cheese Tart from Eat Move Make
- Strawberry Sour Cream Pound Cake from The Bitter Side of Sweet
- Grocery Store Iced Oatmeal Cookies from The Beard and The Baker
- Mermaid Pudding Pops from For the Love of Food
- Cream Cheese Pastry with Almond Filling from Shockingly Delicious
- S’mores Pizza from Daily Dish Recipes
- S’mores Cookie Bars from The Domestic Kitchen
One year ago: Stuffed Blueberry Pie Oreo Cookies
Two years ago: Butterfinger Brownie Banana Bread
Four years ago: Cheesy Taco Seasoned Hard Pretzels
Five years ago: Raw Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Bites
Six years ago: Red Velvet Cake Batter Dip
Seven years ago: Chocolate Covered Sunflower Seed Cookies
STRAWBERRY MOJITO POPSICLES
Makes 1 dozen, depending on mold size
MINT SIMPLE SYRUP
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup Dixie Crystals pure cane sugar
10 fresh mint leaves
2 pints (4 cups) fresh strawberries, hulled and sliced, divided
1/4 cup lime juice
1/4 cup rum*
1 tsp Adams Extract imitation strawberry (optional)
Fresh mint leaves, for garnish
* 2 tsp of rum flavored extract can be used instead of rum
- Add all ingredients to a small saucepan and heat over medium heat just until it bubbles. Turn down to low for 2 minutes, then remove from heat and let sit for 15-20 minutes. Chill until ready to use.
- In a blender or food processor, add 3 cups of the strawberries and lime juice and blend until smooth. Add rum, strawberry extract (if using), simple syrup and pulse until combined.
- Place remaining slices of strawberry into the popsicle molds along with a couple leaves of mint.
- Pour blended mixture into popsicle molds, insert sticks, and freeze until solid, about 4 hours.
Welcome to the 2nd Annual #SummerDessertWeek event hosted by Angie from Big Bear’s Wife. This sweet week-long event is filled with fun dessert recipes from amazing bloggers and some great giveaways from our generous sponsors! We can’t wait to share all of these summer-themed desserts with y’all and celebrate summertime sweets all week long!
There are 23 wonderful bloggers participating in this year’s event! With over 60 recipes being shared this week we just know that you’re going to find a new summer favorite! Plus, don’t forget that we have 5 (five) great giveaways for you this week too!
Scroll down to take a look!
Prize #1 — Dixie Crystals is giving away one (1) Instant Pot (8 Qt) to one lucky winner!
Prize #2 — Adam’s Extract is giving away – One bottle of Adams Best Vanilla Flavor, Adams Best Prize Winning Pound Cake Mix, Adams Extract Twice as Stong Vanilla and Adams Extract Lemon Extract
Prize #3– Red Star Yeast is giving away a gift pack including an Insulated Tote Bag, Apron, “The New Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day” Cookbook, Printed recipe ebook, Yeast (three 3-strips of Platinum), French Rolling Pin, Measuring Spoons, Bench Scraper/ Dough Cutter, Dough Whisk, Oven Mitt and Kitchen Towel
Prize #4 — Susquehanna Glass Co. is giving away one set (4 glasses) of Mermaids Stemless Wine Glasses. (like the Mermaid glasses you’ll see in some of our recipes this week!)
Prize #5 — Lodge Cast Iron is giving away one (1) 12-inch Cast Iron Skillet.
Giveaway open to US Residents 18 years or older. No PO Boxes Please. giveaway runs from July 9th until July 15th at 12AMEST. Winners will be selected soon afterward and contacted by e-mail. Winners will have 48 hours to respond or a new winner will be chosen. There are a total of 5 (five) prizes and therefore we will have a total of 5 (five) winners.
Disclaimer: These posts and recipes are part of the week-long event, #SummerDessertWeek but all opinions are 100% mine! We would like to Thank our amazing sponsors: Dixie Crystals, Adam’s Extract, Red Star Yeast, Susquehanna Glass Co. and Lodge Cast Iron! These wonderful sponsors provided the prize packs for our giveaways and also sent samples and products to the #SummerDessertWeek bloggers to use in their recipes.