Get your chai fix at home in an instant with this homemade vanilla chai mix that is ready in no time. Simple ingredients and a great gift too!
My apologies for my lapse in posting the past couple days. It’s been a whirlwind with the holidays and preparing to move. In fact, today marks the beginning of the big move to Ohio! One week to move everything into the new place, unpack, and get situated before my new job starts on January 12th.
And do you know what the weather forecast for Columbus, OH is today? A steamy high of 18 degrees! What a stark contrast to my move to Memphis, TN where it was 115 degrees the day I moved there. Of course that was in August not January, but still a fun fact to note.
With the bitter cold, driving most of the day and unloading the truck, a warm cup of tea may be in order. Hopefully I will be able unpack some apparatus in order to warm water to do so. Conveniently I recently made this instant vanilla chai mix.
Homemade Vanilla Chai Mix Ingredients:
- instant tea powder
- milk powder
- powdered creamer
- vanilla powdered creamer
- spices (ginger, cinnamon, cardamom, cloves, nutmeg, allspice)
It smells as wonderful as it tastes and makes a great gift during both cold and warm months. Honestly, who doesn’t love chai year round? Heck I’ll drink it warm no matter the temperature. Or you can use it baked into a sweet treat like a chai apple cake!
Welcome to day 4 of #SummerGamesWeek 2021 hosted by Amy from House of Nash Eats! We are celebrating the start of the Tokyo Games with over 50 recipes representing more than 25 countries competing in the upcoming Summer Games! Come join me and my fellow Summer Games Week bloggers as we bring you recipes from appetizers to drinks to entrées and desserts!
Thursday #SummerGamesWeek Recipes
- Vegetable Tempura representing Japan by House of Nash Eats
- Spanish Flan representing Spain by Lemon Blossoms
- Pan Fried Gyoza representing Japan by Take Two Tapas
- Pimento Cheese Dog representing the USA by Our Good Life
- Hungarian Chocolate Torte representing Hungary by That Recipe
- Lutenitsa representing Bulgaria by Magical Ingredients
Post updated 7/21/21, photos above and below are the originals.
One year ago: Pizza Quesadilla
Three years ago: Gluten-Free Brownie Cookies
Four years ago: Blue-Cheese Scalloped Potatoes
- 2 cups unsweetened instant tea powder
- 1-1/2 cups white sugar
- 1-1/2 cups nonfat dry milk powder
- 1-1/2 cups powdered non-dairy creamer
- 1 cup vanilla powdered non-dairy creamer
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 3 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1-1/2 tsp ground cardamom
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp ground allspice
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients. In a blender or food processor, blend 1 cup at a time, until mixture is the consistency of fine powder. Store in an air-tight container.
- To serve: Stir 2 heaping tablespoons into 1 cup of hot water or milk.
Source: E + C
Did you make this recipe? I want to see! Tag @THESPIFFYCOOKIE on Instagram and hashtag it #THESPIFFYCOOKIE