Next time you are preparing a vegetable side dish, throw them on the grill! These grilled Brussels sprouts couldn’t be easier and are tossed with pistachios, cranberries, and parmesan cheese.
When it comes to vegetables roasting is my favorite way to cook them, especially when it comes to Brussels sprouts as made evident by many different roasted Brussels sprouts recipes on my blog. Apparently it is also the most common vegetable to appear in side dishes.
After years of avoidance starting in childhood and then rediscovering them as an adult it seems I am now trying to make up for lost time. So why not continue my little Brussels crush and add another method of cooking to the list? Let’s grill.
With handy tools such as skewers and grilling skillets, cooking vegetables on the grill has been made much easier. I cannot tell you how many times I have watched pieces fall in between the cracks. But not anymore!
After only 10 minutes on the grill these Brussels sprouts were cooked and slightly crispy on the outside. After a quick toss with pistachios, cranberries, and parmesan cheese they are ready to be served along side of your favorite grilled meat.
Welcome to Cranberry Week!
This week we are celebrating all things cranberry! We have delicious recipes from across the country to celebrate all things cranberry!
#CranberryWeek is an annual blogging event that is hosted by Ashley from Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Triple Chocolate Cranberry Brownies from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Cranberry Pecan Paneer Cheese Ballfrom Magical Ingredients
- Nantucket Cranberry Pie from The Fresh Cooky
- Cranberry Relish from Devour Dinner
- Cranberry Orange Scones from Jen Around the World
- Cranberry and Brie Wontons from The Freshman Cook
- Cranberry Chicken Salad from Art of Natural Living
- Chocolate Cranberry Cookies from Daily Dish Recipes
- Cranberry Orange Mimosa from Family Around the Table
- Cranberry Salsa from Kate’s Recipe Box
One year ago: Tofu Lettuce Wraps With Cashew Sauce
Two years ago: Mini Pumpkin Black and White Cookies
- 1 lb. Brussels sprouts, trimmed and cut in half
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup shelled pistachios, chopped
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Heat grill to medium*.
- Place Brussels sprouts in a large bowl. Drizzle with olive oil and toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper and toss again to distribute.
- Pour Brussels sprouts into a grill pan and cook on grill for 10 minutes or until starting to brown.
- Transfer back to the same large bowl. Add pistachios, cranberries, and Parmesan cheese. Toss and serve immediately.
*No grill? Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat on your stove top.
Source: Adapted from Cookin’ Canuck.