These no-chill glazed lemon poppy seed pudding cookies are like chewy lemony bites of glazed lemon poppy seed bread.
Welcome to #LemonWeek 2022 hosted by Lynn from Fresh April Flours and Rebecca from Devour Dinner. This week is sponsored by Rodelle and La Tourangelle. I received product samples from these sponsors to help in the creation of my recipes. All opinions are my own. Come join me and my fellow Lemon Week bloggers as we bring you recipes from appetizers to drinks to entrées and desserts!
What I made for Lemon Week:
Look I made cookies that do not contain peanut butter! It’s border-line insanity, but this girl also loves fruit almost as much as peanut butter. Even though lemon isn’t the first fruit I think of, it seemed like the right thing to do for a nice refreshing warm-weather cookie.
These cookies could stand by themselves with their lemon flavor, but the glaze makes them extra lemony. So if you want more of a subtle lemon poppy seed cookie you can skip the glaze. Either way they are very soft and moist, almost as if you were eating little drops of lemon poppy seed bread. Want more lemon poppy seed cookie ideas? Try my madeleines or thumb print cookies.
Along with all the lemon recipes below, there’s a #LemonWeek giveaway located at the bottom of this post!
Wednesday #LemonWeek Recipes
- Lemon Curd Layer Cake by Fresh April Flours
- Lemon Poke Cake by Blogghetti
- Lemonade Cake by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Crepes with Lemon Curd and Mascarpone by Art Of Natural Living
- Braided Lemon Bread with Blackberries by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Chicken Costoletta by Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Lemon Lush by Devour Dinner
- Lemon Cheesecake Bars by Best Cookie Recipes
- Lemon Pudding Cake by The Freshman Cook
- Lemon Cheesecake Bombs by Simply Inspired Meals
- One Pot Lemon Garlic Pasta Recipe by The Fresh Cooky
- Lemon Loaf Cake by A Day In The Life On The Farm
- Lemon Blueberry Crumb Bars by An Affair From The Heart
- Mini Lemon Cheesecakes by Kathryn’s Kitchen Blog
- Lemon Sorbet by Jen Around The World
- Lemon Blueberry Waffles by Lemon Blossoms
- Lemon White Chocolate Chip Cookies by Home Cooked Harvest
- Lemon Rosemary Marmalade by That Recipe
- Lemon Crepes by The Redhead Baker
- Glazed Lemon Bundt Cake by Jonesin’ For A Taste
- Lemon Coriander Soup by Magical Ingredients
Post updated 5/2322, photo above is the original.
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1-3.4 oz. package instant lemon pudding mix
- 2-1/4 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Zest of 2 lemons
- 1-1/2 Tbsp poppy seeds
- 4 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1-1/4 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or silicon baking mats.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugars. Beat in pudding mix until blended. Add the eggs and vanilla and mix well. Add the flour mixture and mix to combine. Stir in lemon zest and poppy seeds.
- Using a medium cookie scoop, place golf ball sized dough balls 2 inches apart on the prepared baking sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes, or until the edges just begin to turn golden. Let cookies cool for 5 minutes on baking sheet before moving to a cooking rack to cool completely.
- For the glaze, in a small bowl whisk together powdered sugar and lemon juice. Add more sugar or lemon juice if needed. Drizzle over each cooled cookie and let sit until icing has set.
Did you make this recipe? I want to see! Tag @THESPIFFYCOOKIE on Instagram and hashtag it #THESPIFFYCOOKIE
Check out the amazing prizes you can win in our #LemonWeek Giveaway!
Prize #1: Rodelle Prize Pack
Rodelle Prize Pack includes:
- 2 count Gourmet Madagascar Vanilla Beans
- 2oz Almond Extract
- 4oz Natural Baker’s Extract
- 4oz Vanilla Paste
- 8oz Gourmet Vanilla Extract
- 25oz Organic Baking Cocoa
Prize #2: La Tourangelle Prize Pack
La Tourangelle Prize Pack includes:
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Roasted Walnut Oil
- Regenerative Sunflower Oil
- 4oz Vanilla Paste
- Fleur de Sel Almond Butter
Terms and conditions: This #LemonWeek is sponsored by Rodelle and La Tourangelle which starts 5/23/2022 and ends 6/3/2022 at 11:59pm ET. Enter to win a prize pack from Rodelle or La Tourangelle that include baking and cooking ingredients. This giveaway is open to anyone 18 years or older in the United States. All entries for the winner will be checked and verified. By entering you give the right to use your name and likeness. The number of entries received determines the odds of winning. Two (2) winners will be selected and sent prize packages directly from the giveaway sponsors. The #LemonWeek bloggers are not responsible for the fulfillment or delivery of the prize packages. Bloggers hosting this giveaway and their immediate family members in their household cannot enter or win the giveaway. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter or any other social channel mentioned in the #LemonWeek posts or entry.a Rafflecopter giveaway