Change up pizza night with this Thai chicken pizza topped with sweet chili sauce, shallot, zucchini, chicken, mozzarella, peanuts, cilantro, and basil.
This content contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Welcome to #SummerGamesWeek 2021 hosted by Amy from House of Nash Eats! We are celebrating the start of the Tokyo Games with over 50 recipes representing more than 25 countries competing in the upcoming Summer Games! Come join me and my fellow Summer Games Week bloggers as we bring you recipes from appetizers to drinks to entrées and desserts!
I enjoy both traditional and nontraditional pizzas. But with how frequently I have pizza for dinner it’s refreshing to have some very different options out there.
Thai chicken pizza
So now it is time for a very nontraditional pizza. There is no tomato sauce or even pesto, instead the sauce is sweet Asian chili sauce. To continue with the lack of tradition, it’s topped with zucchini, peanuts and cilantro. The only things not out of the ordinary are the chicken, mozzarella and basil. But do not fear the unexpected because your taste buds will love this – that is if you are into nontraditional pizzas and Asian flavors.
Looking for more fun recipes to liven things up? Scroll down for more recipes celebrating all the Nations participating in the Summer Games!
Monday #SummerGamesWeek Recipes
- Yakitori representing Japan by House of Nash Eats
- Mixed Berry Scones representing the United Kingdom by Simply Inspired Meals
- Instant Pot Chicken Adobo representing the Philippines by Lemon Blossoms
- Crepes representing France by Devour Dinner
- Chicken Gyoza representing Japan by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Chimichurri Sauce representing Argentina by Take Two Tapas
- Pork Satay representing Thailand by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Island Banana Bread representing the Bahamas by Our Good Life
- Hibachi Chicken representing Japan by Palatable Pastime
- Mititei representing Romania by That Recipe
- Dorayaki representing Japan by Magical Ingredients
- Peach Cobbler representing the USA by The Redhead Baker
- Kefta Salad representing the Middle East by Art of Natural Living
Post updated 7/19/21, photo above is the original.
One year ago: Grilled Steak Salad with Blue Cheese Dressing
- 1 recipe pizza dough, risen
- Olive oil, for brushing
- 1/4 cup sweet Asian chili sauce, plus extra for drizzling
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- 1/2 large zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 cup shredded cooked chicken
- 2/3 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 3 Tbsp chopped peanuts
- 2 Tbsp minced fresh cilantro
- 2 Tbsp minced fresh basil
- Preheat the oven to 500 with a pizza stone* on the bottom third. Roll out the pizza dough into a 12-14 inch round. Spread the chili sauce over the crust in an even layer. Layer with the shallot, zucchini, red pepper flakes, shredded chicken, and cheese.
- Transfer the pizza to the preheated pizza stone using a pizza peel* and bake until the cheese is melted and bubbling and the crust is lightly browned, about 10-12 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool slightly. Sprinkle evenly with the peanuts, cilantro, and basil before slicing and serving, with additional sauce drizzled on top if desired.
*Don't have a pizza stone/peel? Assemble on a round or square cookie sheet instead.