This post is sponsored in conjunction with #SpringSweetsWeek. I received product samples from sponsor companies to help in the creation of the #SpringSweetsWeek recipes. All opinions are mine alone.
These madeleines are little bites of lemon poppy seed sunshine. Complete with a lemon glaze.
For my second #SpringSweetsWeek recipe I made these lemon poppy seed madeleines. Lemon poppy seed cake always reminds me of spring and these taste like that in mini form.
These fancy little gems are actually quite easy to made so long as you have the unitasking pan in which to bake them. I have an inordinate amount of unique baking pans taking up storage in our kitchen cabinets, but I love them too much to part with them.
But I digress. The creation of these was made possible by the use of Adams Extract twice as strong vanilla extract, lemon extract, and the Deiss Kitchenware citrus zester. Be sure to scroll down below the recipe to enter the giveaway made possible by these sponsors and more!
Wednesday #SpringSweetsWeek Recipes
- Blueberry Rhubarb Quick Bread by Palatable Pastime
- Bunny Carrot Cakes by Simply Inspired Meals
- Cake Batter Milkshakes by Kate’s Recipe Box
- Carrot Cake Bread by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Carrot Cake Cinnamon Rolls with Cream Cheese Icing by Strawberry Blondie Kitchen
- Chocolate Raspberry Mocha Cupcakes by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Coffee Banana Breakfast Smoothie by Shockingly Delicious
- Coffee Brownies by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Coffee Chip No Churn Ice Cream by A Savory Feast
- Easy Lemon Cake Mix Cookies by Books n’ Cooks
- Fairy Cakes by That Recipe
- Gluten Free Pecan Shortbread Bars by Frugal & Fit
- Lemon Cupcakes with Raspberry Buttercream by Sweet Beginnings
- Lemon Poppy Seed Loaf by Blogghetti
- Lemon Poppy Seed Madeleines by The Spiffy Cookie
- Lemon Raspberry Cake Mix Cookies by Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice
- Mini Funfetti Cheesecakes by Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Mocha Cake by Fresh April Flours
- Mocha Mint Chocolate Cream Puffs by Jolene’s Recipe Journal
- Spring Toffee Crack by Jen Around the World
One year ago: Black Pepper Parmesan Biscuits
Two years ago: BBQ Hand Pies with Beer Cheese Dip
Four years ago: Boozy Apple Cinnamon Bread Pudding
Five years ago: Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Cake
Six years ago: Mini Chocolate Caramel Peanut Butter Cheesecakes
Seven years ago: Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup
Nine years ago: Banana Pecan Waffles
- 5 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tsp poppy seeds
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp fresh lemon zest
- 1/2 tsp Adams Extract twice as strong vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp Adams Extract lemon extract
- Pinch salt
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4-1/2 cups powdered sugar, sifted
- 2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Butter and flour a 12-cavity madeleine pan, set aside.
- In a medium bowl, beat egg and sugar. Add poppy seeds, lemon juice and zest, vanilla, lemon extract, and salt. Mix in flour until just blended.
- Pour the butter in a steady stream while the mixture is beating on low. Be sure to scrape the side so everything is combined.
- Pour batter equally into each cavity of the prepared pan. Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until the edges are golden.
- Pop madeleines out of pan once removed from oven, and allow to cool completely.
- To make the lemon glaze, in a small bowl, whisk together powdered sugar and lemon juice. The mixture should be thick but pourable (add more juice/sugar if too thick/thin).
- Drizzle over cooled cookies and let harden, about 15 minutes, before serving.
Did you make this recipe? I want to see!
Thank you #SpringSweetsWeek Sponsors: Dixie Crystals, Millican Pecan, Door County Coffee & Tea Co., Anolon, Fresh April Sprinkles, Deiss Kitchenware, and Adams Extracts for providing the prizes free of charge. These companies also provided the bloggers with samples and product to use for #SpringSweetsWeek recipes. All opinions are my own. The #SpringSweetsWeek giveaway is open to residents of the United States who are 18 years of age or older. All entries for the winner will be checked and verified. By entering you give the right to use your name and likeness. The number of entries received determines the odds of winning. Seven (7) winners will be selected. The prize packages will be sent directly from the giveaway sponsors. The #SpringSweetsWeek Bloggers are not responsible for the fulfillment or delivery of the prize packages. Bloggers hosting this giveaway and their immediate family members in their household cannot enter or win the giveaway. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter or any other social channel mentioned in the #SpringSweetsWeek posts or entry.