What’s better than flaky, buttery biscuits? Biscuits with black pepper and parmesan cheese mixed in!
While I love a good yeasted bread, sometimes I don’t have time to wait on the yeast to do their job. That’s when I bring out the butter to make some flaky biscuits instead! I don’t have much to say about these other than the fact that they are perfectly flaky with the added depth of being seasoned with black pepper and shredded parmesan cheese, both in the dough and sprinkled on top.
To keep you up to date, here’s the Easter Menu I’ve shared thus far (updated as I post more):
- Apricot-Honey Glazed Ham
- Black Pepper Parmesan Biscuits
- Creamy Spring Peas
- Herb-Roasted Carrots & Parsnips
- Smashed Potatoes with Lemon Aioli
- Carrot Top Pesto
- Mom’s Investment Salad (aka Ambrosia Salad)
- Raspberry Almond Streusel Pie with Allspice Whipped Cream
One year ago: BBQ Hand Pies with Beer Cheese Dip
Three years ago: Boozy Apple Cinnamon Bread Pudding
Four years ago: Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Cake
Five years ago: Mini Chocolate Caramel Peanut Butter Cheesecakes
Six years ago: Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup
Eight years ago: Banana Pecan Waffles
BLACK PEPPER PARMESAN BISCUITS
Makes approximately 1 dozen
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 Tbsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp fresh cracked black pepper
6 Tbsp unsalted butter, cold and cubed
3 oz. grated Parmesan cheese, divided
3/4 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line baking sheet with parchment or silicone baking mats.
- In a mixing bowl, mix the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and pepper. Cut in the butter until resembles course crumbs. Stir in all but 2 tablespoons on the parmesan. Add the milk, mixing just until moist.
- Turn out onto a floured surface and pat into 1/2-inch thick circle. With a 2-inch cutter, cut the biscuits. Repeat with scraps of dough, working as little as possible.
- Place on prepared baking sheets 2-inches apart, top with remaining parmesan, and bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
Source: Adapted from Beef Pot Pie with Herbed Biscuits.
Items you may need (affiliate links):