This light and fluffy key lime pie is a great variation from the original. A homemade graham cracker crust holds a light and fluffy whipped cream-Greek yogurt filling with a perfect green color and tropical lime flavor.
With Mardi Gras behind us it is time to focus on yet another holiday – St. Patrick’s Day! This holiday is one of my favorites to cook for so prepare yourself for plenty of green and rainbow colored foods to feast your eyes upon. However, as you know I am not a fan of minty foods so there will be no shamrock shakes or grasshoppers. Thankfully there are plenty of other delicious green things to distract you from the absence of mint. For starters, how about this Key Lime Greek Yogurt Pie? I took your favorite key lime pie and made fluffy with the use of frozen whipped topping and lighter with Greek yogurt. Don’t be surprised if this serves less than 8 people, it disappears quick!
One year ago: Healthier Dark Chocolate Chunk Banana Muffins
PEACH GREEK YOGURT PIE
1-1/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
1/4 cup boiling water
.30 oz. box of sugar free lime jello*
12 oz. lowfat key lime Greek yogurt (I used Chobani)
8 oz. light frozen whipped topping, thawed
Key lime slices for garnish (optional)
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl mix the graham cracker crumbs, brown sugar, and melted butter until well mixed. Pour into a 9-1/2″ pie plate and press it evenly into the pan. Bake for 10 minutes. Allow to cool while you prepare the filling.
- In a large bowl dissolve jello packet in boiling water, cool slightly.
- Stir in yogurt until combined then fold in cool whip. Spread into prepared pie crust. Top with lime slices if using.
- Cool in refrigerator for at least 2-3 hours or overnight until set.
- Slice and serve with additional whipped topping if desired.
Source: Adapted slightly from my Peach Greek Yogurt Pie.
*Sugar free jello has a smaller volume and is therefore easier to dissolve. You can use regular jello but it will be difficult to dissolve completely.