I’m not the biggest snacker. Mostly because I resist buying snacky things in an effort to prevent snacking. But sometimes you need a good snack around and after first trying these pretzels I was hooked. Using a spicy Ranch seasoning mix, popcorn oil, and a bag of pretzels, these Spicy Ranch Seasoned Hard Pretzels are easy to throw together.
I brought these to the movies with my parents and my dad and I managed to eat nearly the entire bag. You would be correct in assuming that they are highly addictive. And perfect for munching on while watching the BCS National Championship game tonight! If you are making these for a large group, you may want to double or triple the recipe. You’ll be glad you did!
Two years ago: Cheddar Baked Potato Soup
Three years ago: Homemade Hot Cocoa Mix
SPICY RANCH SEASONED HARD PRETZELS
1 lb. bag of hard pretzels, broken into pieces
3/4 cup butter flavored popcorn oil
4-1/2 Tbsp Homemade Spicy Ranch Seasoning Mix *
* Can also add 2 tsp of crushed red pepper to store-bought Ranch mix
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper (or silicone baking mat). Set aside.
- Place pretzels in a large bowl. Pour oil over pretzels and toss to coat. Add ranch mix and stir until evenly coated.
- Spread the pretzels on prepared baking sheet. Bake for 50 minutes, stirring the pretzels two or three times during baking. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- Store in an air-tight container at room temperature.
Source: Adapted slightly from Adam’s Mom.