Welcome to day #4 of Christmas Week, a multi-blogger event co-hosted by Kim of Cravings of a Lunatic and Jen of Juanita’s Cocina. Today’s theme for Christmas Week is “Gingerbread Surprise”. Make sure you visit all the participating bloggers today to see what special dish they whipped up for you.
- Ginger Horse Cookies from Kim of Cravings of a Lunatic
- Mini Gingerbread Donuts from Jen of Juanita’s Cocina
- Gingerbread Biscotti from Liz of That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Chocolate Gingerbread Bundt Cake with Bourbon Cream Cheese Drizzle from Anuradha of Baker Street
- Gingerbread Donuts with Lemon Glaze from Kristen of Frugal Antics of a Harried Homemaker
- Mini Holiday Gingerbread Loaves from Isabelle of Crumb
- Gingerbread Biscoff Truffles from Erin of Dinners, Dishes and Desserts
- Gingerbread Dip from Erin of The Spiffy Cookie
- Gingerbread Milkshake from Ramona of Curry and Comfort
- Gingerbread Pumpkin Bars from Heather of Girlichef
- Gingerbread Cinnamon Rolls from Cathy of The Dutch Baker’s Daughter
- Gingerbread Whoopie Pies with Lemon Cream Cheese Filling from Chung-Ah of Damn Delicious
Last year I discovered my love for chocolate and gingerbreadtogether, and I had originally planned on another chocolate and gingerbread recipe for today but once I found a recipe for gingerbread cookie dough dip those plans flew right out the window. I changed it up a little bit by adding my favorite dip ingredient, Greek yogurt, and reduced the butter which together changed the consistency to be creamier than your average cookie dough dip, so I dubbed this just plain ol’ Gingerbread Dip. It’s amazing and a tiny bit better for you too. Just eat it with apples instead of crackers if you need to keep your conscience clear.
As I write this post, it just now occurred to me that I could’ve fulfilled my chocolate and gingerbread fantasy with this dip by using miniature chocolate chips instead of toffee bits. Darn, guess I have to make another batch O:-).
One year ago: Apple Butter Chewy Cinnamon M&M Cookies
Two years ago: Gnocchi with Goat Cheese and Spinach
Makes about 3 cups
4 oz. reduced fat cream cheese, room temperature
1/2 cup vanilla Greek yogurt (I used 0% vanilla Chobani)
1/4 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
1 cup powdered sugar
2 Tbsp molasses
1-1/2 tsp vanilla extract
2 tsp ground ginger
2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp allspice
1/8 tsp ground cloves
1 cup toffee bits or try miniature chocolate chips)
- Combine all ingredients together, except the toffee bits, with an electric mixer in a medium bowl. Fold in toffee bits.
- Serve with fruit, ginger snaps, or graham crackers.
- Keep refrigerated in an airtight container.
Source: Adapted from Add a Pinch.