When sweets and cinnamon rolls come together, cravings everywhere are satisfied. With the new Cinnabon Sprinkle Topping and Cinnabon Syrup, you can now incorporate the melt-in-your-mouth goodness of a Cinnabon roll in everyday foods and treats. Using these two products, Cinnabon challenged several bloggers, including myself, to share our own Cinnabon Creation with them in order for a chance to win a prize pack including:
- A one-year supply of Cinnabon Sprinkle Topping and Cinnabon Syrup
- A one-year supply of Cinnabon Sprinkle Topping and Cinnabon Syrup for one of my readers
- Recognition on the Cinnabon Creations Facebook page, directing fans to your blog
- $200 American Express gift card
Two second prize winners will also each receive a $50 American Express gift card.
With my stash of Cinnabon products, I decided to make cinnamon rolls for the Cinnabon® Creations Blogger Sweepstakes. But hold on don’t give up on me yet because these are not your typical cinnamon rolls. There is no yeast involved, no flour, and no oven time either! Basically they are the best kind of cinnamon rolls because they are actually rice krispies treats in disguise!
I took a regular recipe for rice krispies treats and pressed them into a large rimmed cookie sheet so that they were about 1/4 inch thick and formed a large rectangle. From there I spread on the Cinnabon Sprinkle filling, and proceeded as if they were true cinnamon rolls by rolling them up, slicing into rolls and then drizzling with Cinnabon Syrup icing.
These treats smell so good, you will think you just walked by the Cinnabon kiosk at the mall. Except now that tantalizing smell can be enjoyed right in your very own home whenever you want it. Or at work! I brought these in to share with my co-workers and they all rolled their eyes in ecstasy. If you thought regular rice krispies treats were addictive, then you better prepare yourself.
I have big plans for the remaining amounts of each product, so expect to see more Cinnabon cinnamon roll inspired treats! But in the mean time, I know you want to know more about these great Cinnabon products, so go like their page on Facebook!
CINNABON ROLL RICE KRISPIES TREATS
Makes 16 treats
RICE KRISPIES TREATS
10 oz. bag of regular marshmallows (minis work too)
3 Tbsp unsalted butter
1/8 tsp salt
6 cups crispy rice cereal
4 Tbsp unsalted butter, softened
1/2 cup Cinnabon Sprinkle cinnamon roll flavored topping
1 cup powdered sugar
1/2 Tbsp Cinnabon cinnamon roll flavored syrup
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
1 Tbsp milk
- Line a 15 x 10 inch rimmed cookie sheet with wax paper and coat with non-stick cooking spray or a little melted butter, set aside.
- Melt the marshmallows, butter and salt together in a medium saucepan over medium heat, stirring frequently. Pour in the cereal and mix well so the cereal is coated. Pour onto the prepared pan and use a buttered piece of wax paper to press evenly into pan. It should be about 1/4-inch thick. Set aside to cool slightly (you don’t want them to cool completely or they will be too stiff to roll).
- In a small bowl blend together the 4 tablespoons butter and Cinnabon Sprinkle cinnamon roll flavored topping until incorporated. Spread the mixture evenly over the entire surface of the mostly cooled rice treats.
- Beginning at the long end farthest from you, roll the rectangle towards you to form a tight roll and then pinch the seam together to make sure it sticks.
- Transfer the rolled up treats onto a cutting board and make about 1-inch slices with a sharp knife, creating 16 “rolls”. Place the sliced rolls back onto the wax paper lined and greased cookie sheet.
- In another small bowl, combine the powdered sugar, Cinnabon cinnamon roll flavored syrup, vanilla, and milk. Add more milk or sugar to reach desired consistency. Using a decorating squeeze bottle (or a baggie with the corner snipped off), drizzle the icing over the cinnamon roll treats and let sit until the icing is set, about 15 minutes.
- Serve and store any leftovers in an airtight container placed in the refrigerator.
Source: The Spiffy Cookie original
Disclosure: I received the Cinnabon® products used and was entered for a chance to win a Cinnabon Creations prize package in exchange for this post. No monetary exchange took place. All opinions are my own.