If you are a fan of Funfetti and cake batter, then you need to make this puppy chow. Made with real cake mix!
This first time I saw this recipe on Pinterest I knew I had to make it eventually. But then I saw it show up on other blogs, and knew I had to make it sooner than later. Finally I made it and loved it to pieces. The only thing that could’ve possibly made me enjoy it more would be adding peanut butter. You remember my little discussion about the funfettinutter? My list of things to make utilizing that concept keeps growing.
The only trouble I had in making this was that the sprinkles did not really stick much to the mixture. Next time, I will add the sprinkles before the powdered sugar.
One year ago: Homemade Olive Garden Salad and Dressing
CAKE BATTER PUPPY CHOW
Makes 5 cups
1-1/2 cups white cake mix
1/2 cup powdered sugar
10 oz. (5 squares) vanilla flavored Almond Bark
Vegetable shortening, optional (I used coconut oil)
5 cups rice Chex cereal
- Pour the cake mix and powdered sugar into a paper bag* or container with a lid, set aside.
- Melt Almond Bark according to the package directions, adding vegetable shortening to thin if desired.
- In a large bowl, mix together the melted chocolate and cereal until evenly coated.
- Transfer to the paper bag, fold down the top (or put the lid on the container) and shake until the cereal is evenly coated. Add sprinkles if desired.
- Pour onto a wax paper (or silicone baking mat) lined cookie sheet, separate any large pieces that may have stuck together, and allow to harden fully. Store in an airtight container.
*If using a paper bag, be sure there the bottom is sealed well, otherwise puffs of powder will come out.
Source: Adapted slightly from So Very Blessed.