If you love both whiskey and peanut butter & banana sandwiches then this Elvis Old Fashioned is for you. Made with peanut butter whiskey, banana liqueur, honey, and garnished with a slice of bacon.
This post is sponsored in conjunction with #BBQWeek. The sponsors, Rainier Foods and Intensity Academy, generously provided samples to participants to aid in the creation of the #BBQWeek recipes and prize packages to give away to the readers. However, all opinions are mine alone.
It’s day five of #BBQweek and day three of BBQ Fest in Memphis (where I traveled for the week)! In honor of the overlap, I had to make something Elvis-inspired.
Are you familiar with an Elvis Sandwich? It’s a grilled peanut butter, banana, and sometimes bacon sandwich. Occasionally honey is drizzled in there as well. At first I had considered making a peanut butter and banana bread pudding, and have made Elvis rice crispy treats in the past, but then I saw the peanut butter whiskey eyeing me from our bar cart and I knew what I had to do.
Elvis Old Fashioned Ingredients:
- Peanut butter whiskey
- Banana liqueur
- Orange bitters
- Large ice cube
- Bacon and banana, for garnish
- Rainier Foods Smoky Honey Seasoning & Rub on the rim
This cocktail tasted just like I would imagine a peanut butter and banana old fashioned would taste and was actually the perfect accompaniment to the meal of smoked burgers and watermelon cucumber salad that I made for day one and three of #BBQweek. I just may need to make another while I am in Memphis this week!
Check out the rest of today’s recipes below and enter the giveaway from our sponsors at the end of this post.
Friday #BBQWeek Recipes
Starters and Sides
- Cucumber, Corn and Tomato Salad from A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Deviled Egg Pasta Salad from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Grilled Chicken Wings (Three Ways!) from Sweet Beginnings
- Grilled Flatbreads from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Grilled Pineapple and Jalapeno Margarita Mocktail from Jen Around the World
- Spicy Parmesan-Garlic Wing Sauce from A Little Fish in the Kitchen
- Baked Salmon in Foil from Art of Natural Living
- Blackberry Chicken Thighs from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Grilled Balsamic Honey Pork Tenderloin from Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Spicy Hawaiian Ham Kabobs from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Cactus Candies from The Freshman Cook
- Lemon Blueberry Whoopie Pies from Jolene’s Recipe Journal
- Strawberry Cheesecake Dessert Tacos from Blogghetti
- 2 oz. peanut butter whiskey
- 1 oz. banana liqueur
- 1/2 oz. honey
- 2 dashes orange bitters
- Large ice cube
- Bacon, for garnish
- Banana slices, for garnish
- Rainier Foods Smoky Honey Seasoning & Rub, for garnish
- Assemble the cocktail by adding whiskey, liqueur, honey, and bitters in a mixing glass. Add some ice and stir for 10-15 seconds.
- Strain into a serving glass (rimmed with smoky honey seasoning, if using) filled with one large ice cube. Garnish with a slice of bacon and banana. Enjoy!
Source: Adapted from my Maple Bacon Old Fashioned.
Did you make this recipe? I want to see! Tag @THESPIFFYCOOKIE on Instagram and hashtag it #THESPIFFYCOOKIEa Rafflecopter giveaway
DISCLAIMER” This recipe is for individuals ages 21 & up. Please drink responsibly.
Thank you #BBQWeek sponsors Saucy Queen and Rainier Foods for donating the prizes for this event. The #BBQWeek giveaway is open to U.S. residents, age 18 & up. All entries for the winner are checked and verified. By entering you give the right to use your name and likeness. The number of entries received determines the odds of winning.
Two (2) winners are selected at random from entries received. The prize packages are fulfilled by and sent directly from the giveaway sponsors. #BBQWeek bloggers are not responsible for the fulfillment or delivery of the prize packages. Bloggers hosting this giveaway and their immediate family members in their household are not eligible to enter or win the giveaway. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter or any other social channel mentioned in the #BBQWeek posts or entries.