Take your taste buds on an exotic tropical journey with these lemongrass coconut white chocolate chip cookies. It’s the flavor combination you’ve been missing.
This content contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Today I was reading a thread in one of the blogger help groups I am in about how to be successful. Most of the advice was to focus on SEO (search engine optimization) and only post things that people are searching for, aka give the people what they want. And let me tell you, I highly doubt anyone is searching for a phrase that involves “lemongrass” and “cookies” together. But should you want to make these cookies? Abso-f*ing-lutely.
Sure I make a small amount of money off this blog of mine, but half the fun is experimenting and sharing the fun recipes I create. Besides, the world doesn’t need another regular chocolate chip cookie recipe (although have you tried mine? It’s the best ;-) ). So here I am sharing my latest cookie creation because it’s what I do. So I hope that those of you who happened to land here (and are still listening to me babble – why do I have to read your life story to get a recipe!?) are here because you also like to try new things and are ready to add lemongrass into your cookies.
This is definitely not the first time I’ve added a savory herb/ingredient to an otherwise sweet recipe. Heck, the most recent recipe I shared had thyme mixed into the cookie dough. So many people are hesitant when I drop words like thyme and lemongrass when describing something like a cookie but I have yet to see anyone be disappointed, in fact most go back for more. So like the old saying, don’t knock it before you try it.
These cookies are no exception to the others I have posted in the past. It’s not that often that most people cook with lemongrass, let alone think of baking with it, but after one bite the combination of lemon grass, coconut, and white chocolate takes your taste buds to a magical tropical place. And by the way, the coconut makes these cookies even chewier. Pure deliciousness.
Want to try other fun flavored cookies?
- Lavender White Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Lemon-Rosemary White Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Orange-Lavender White Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Raspberry Thyme Dark Chocolate Chip Brown Butter Cookies
- Smoked Sea Salt Caramel Dark Chocolate Chip Cookies
One year ago: Gingered Pear Crisp Galette with Whipped Mascarpone
Three years ago: Baked Peanut Butter Churros with Chocolate Caramel Sauce
Seven years ago: Grilled Polenta with Spicy Steak
Nine years ago: Peanut Butter and Chocolate Popcorn
Ten years ago: Buffalo Chicken Meatball Subs
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour, spooned and leveled
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemongrass paste
- 1 egg + 1 yolk, room temperature
- 2 cups white chocolate chips
- 1-1/2 cups sweetened shredded coconut
- In a medium bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together the melted butter, brown sugar, and white sugar until well blended (1-2 minutes). Beat in the lemongrass, egg, and egg yolk until light and creamy. Mix in the sifted ingredients in three batches until just blended. Fold in the chips and coconut by hand.
- Roll 1/4 cup of dough (or use a large cookie scoop) into a ball and place on a plate or tray. Cover tightly and chill for at least 2 hours*, but overnight for best results.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line cookie sheets with silicone baking mats (or parchment paper); set aside.
- Place cookie dough onto the prepared cookie sheets, about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 12 minutes or until edges are golden (will look underbaked). Cool on baking sheets for 10 minutes before transferring to wire racks to cool completely. Store at room temperature in an airtight container.
* You don't HAVE to chill but the consistency and flavor will be better if you do.
Source: Adapted from My Favorite Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies.