Transform your favorite, chewy chocolate chip cookie into a white chocolate dream laced with scents of lavender. These lavender white chocolate chip cookies will be devoured!
Like many people during this time of year, I find myself bookmarking cookie recipe after cookie recipe because all of my favorite bloggers are in full swing holiday baking mode! Thankfully the wonderful ladies behind Love & Olive Oil (Lindsay) and The Little Kitchen (Julie) thought up a great idea back in 2011 where you send and receive cookies to and from 3 different bloggers. It’s like a cookie exchange with a bit of Secret Santa mixed in because you don’t know who or what you are going to get. And now it’s time for the big reveal – welcome to the 5th annual Great Food Blogger Cookie Swap! I hope you have your fat pants and a glass of milk ready.
Since my favorite chocolate chip cookies also happen to be one of the most popular recipes on my blog, I decided to whip up a different version for my recipients using the lavender I bought while on my trip to San Juan, WA this past summer! The aroma of the lavender paired with white chocolate was a dream. After stealing one for myself (thank goodness it made 3 dozen + 1) these babies were shipped off to Meghan (Cake ‘n Knife), Michelle (The Brooklyn Cook), and Bree (Baked Bree). Sadly the postman was not kind, made evident from photos upon their arrival. But the pieces were devoured just as quickly as if they were whole!
Meanwhile, I received Lebkuchen drop cookies from Lora (Diary of a Mad Hausfrau) which reminded me of gingerbread cookies with slightly different spices, Chocolate chip peppermint crunch cookies from Lisa (Blogghetti) which I devoured despite my usual avoidance of peppermint in baked goods, and Earl grey chocolate chip cookies from Jenni (The Gingered Whisk) which was a great flavor addition to a traditional cookie recipe. Thank you all for the delicious cookies you sent packaged so expertly!
One year ago: Christmas Wreath Pizza Ring
Two years ago: Eggnog Snickerdoodle Blondies
Five years ago: Brownie Covered Oreo Pops
LAVENDER WHITE CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
Makes approximately 3 dozen cookies
2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour, spooned and leveled
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, melted and cooled
1-1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
1/4 cup white sugar
1 egg + 1 yolk, room temperature
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 Tbsp culinary lavender
3 cups white chocolate chips
- Sift together the flour, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, cream together the melted butter, brown sugar and white sugar until well blended. Beat in the egg, egg yolk, extracts, and zest until light and creamy. Mix in the sifted ingredients in three batches until just blended. Fold in the chips by hand.
- Rolls 2 tablespoons of dough into a ball that is slightly taller than wide and place on a plate or tray. Cover tightly and chill for at least 2 hours, but overnight for best results (I’ve refrigerated for up to a week).
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line cookie sheets with silicone baking mats (or parchment paper); set aside.
- Place cookie dough onto the prepared cookie sheets, about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 8 minutes or until edges are barely golden (will look underbaked). Cool on baking sheets for 10 minutes before transferring to wire racks to cool completely. Store at room temperature in an airtight container.
Source: Adapted slightly from my White Chocolate Chip Orange Creamsicle Cookies.
Items you may need (affiliate links):