Treat yourself to this peanut butter and chocolate buckeye ice cream milkshake with all the toppings!
This content contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Who else is ready for some footbaaaaa-oh… just kidding.
I know some college football conferences are playing and professional football started this week but I could care less (and frankly won’t be surprised if there’s a COVID breakout). I”m not advocating for the Big Ten to play right now, but I can still miss it.
So once again, I will commemorate today’s would be first home game against Rutgers by continuing on with #PBchocSat!
I ate a salad for lunch yesterday and powered through the somewhat lack-luster creation by compromising with myself, like you would with a child, saying I would make myself a milkshake for dessert – obviously this milkshake.
Yes a milkshake with lunch. This is what happens when you still work part-time from home.
A few scoops of ice cream, milk, and some spoonfuls of peanut butter and cocoa powder later I came through on my promise to myself. And let me tell you, that salad was worth the sacrifice.
Especially when you clearly had no choice but to make this because today is also National Chocolate Milkshake Day!
Four years ago: Grilled Chocolate Chip Cookies
Five years ago: White Chocolate Peanut Butter Milkshakes
Six years ago: Bacon Wrapped Mac & Cheese Jalapeno Poppers
Eight years ago: Carrot Cake Batter Dip
Nine years ago: Strawberry Mojito
- 3 large scoops (about 1 cup) vanilla ice cream
- 1/2 cup heavy cream or milk
- 2 Tbsp creamy peanut butter
- 1 Tbsp cocoa powder
- Whipped cream, chocolate syrup, and peanut butter, for garnish
- Place one tall glass or two shorter glasses in the freezer to chill.
- Combine ice cream, milk, peanut butter, and cocoa in a blender. Pulse until blended.
- Remove glass(es) from the freezer, drizzle extra peanut butter and chocolate syrup around the rim (if desired) and pour in the milkshake.
- Top with whipped cream and serve immediately.
Source: Adapted from my White Chocolate Peanut Butter Milkshakes.