This perfectly chewy peanut butter cookie cake is a crowd pleaser. With chopped Reese’s peanut butter cups and chocolate frosting how could it not be?
It’s finally here! The first game of the Ohio State Buckeyes football season. I cannot help but be excited even though we are missing our star QB. After all, teams are made of more than one person.
However the game I am most interested in today is Wisconsin vs LSU. Go Big 10! But since I don’t find badgers to be an appetizing dessert, I decided to stick with the buckeye peanut butter and chocolate theme. Which means today is the first PB+Choc Saturday of the season!
Regardless of your allegiances you can still enjoy a peanut butter and chocolate dessert. This cookie cake is a peanut butter and chocolate lover’s dream.
Peanut butter cookie dough with chopped Reese’s cups, and topped with chocolate frosting. And it happens to be perfectly chewy which is how all cookie-things should be, in my opinion.
In other news, I am off to Gatlinburg this weekend with Bob, Christina, and Dave whom are in town visiting! I scouted out all the free/random things to do this weekend and it may contain things such as hiking, BYOB/lawn chair blues/rock/folk concerts, fireworks, salt and pepper shaker museum, hillbilly golf, and maybe some outlet shopping.
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup light brown sugar, lightly packed
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1-1/4 cups chopped Reese's peanut butter cups, plus more for garnish
- 2 oz. semisweet chocolate
- 1 Tbsp milk
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place parchment paper in the bottom of a 10-inch springform pan. Grease the sides.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour and baking soda. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar together until creamy, about 3-4 minutes. Mix in peanut butter, egg and vanilla extract. Add flour mixture until combined. Stir in chopped peanut butter cups. Dough will be thick and sticky.
- Spread the cookie dough out evenly into the pan. Bake for 18-20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool for about 15 minutes, then transfer to cooling rack to cool completely.
- While the cake cools, prepare the frosting. Microwave chocolate with milk in microwavable bowl on medium-high for 30 seconds-1 minute; stirring halfway through the cooking time. Stir until smooth and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, cream together the butter and vanilla. Gradually add the sugar while beating on low speed. Add cooled chocolate and beat until light and fluffy. Add more sugar or milk if needed to reach desired consistency.
- Once cookie cake is cool, frost and top with more peanut butter cups if desired.