I made these Cookie Dough-Funfetti-Oreo Mini Cheesecakes, aka Birthday Explosion Mini Cheesecakes, for my friend Maggie’s birthday yesterday. Originally she has requested cookie dough mini cheesecakes that she had seen on Pinterest, but when I asked her to show me the specific pin she started sending me all kinds of cookie dough cheesecake variations. One with Oreo, one with Funfetti, and many other variations of the same concept.
In stead of trying to decide which she would like best, I went ahead and put them all together into one spectacular dessert because the birthday girl should have it all! Hence the subsequent birthday explosion (similar to my birthday overload pancakes earlier this year). An Oreo cookie is used for the crust, topped with cookie dough which ends up being in the middle of a Funfetti cheesecake. But wait, there’s more! It’s then topped off with an Oreo whipped cream, miniature chocolate chip cookie, and of course SPRINKLES. The only thing it might be missing is peanut butter ;-).
One year ago: Stovetop Cajun Chicken Mac and Cheese
Two years ago: Pumpkin Biscoff Cream Cheese Bread
COOKIE DOUGH-FUNFETTI-OREO (aka BIRTHDAY EXPLOSION) MINI CHEESECAKES
Makes 24 cupcake-sized cheesecakes
2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 cup unsalted butter, melted
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
1 Tbsp vanilla extract
1 egg + 1 egg yolk
2 cups mini chocolate chips
24 Oreo cookies
16 oz. cream cheese, room temperature
1 cup sugar
2 Tbsp dry cake mix
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup sprinkles
1-3/4 cups heavy whipping cream
3 Tbsp powdered sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup Oreo crumbs
- For the cookie dough: In a medium bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together the melted butter, brown sugar and white sugar until well blended. Beat in the vanilla, egg, and egg yolk until light and creamy. Mix in the flour mixture in three batches until just blended. Stir in the chocolate chips by hand using a wooden spoon. Chill cookie dough for at least 30 minutes, or overnight.
- For the cheesecake: Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place liners in 2 cupcake pans. Put one Oreo cookie in the bottom of each cup. Flatten approximately one tablespoon of cookie dough to the size of the Oreo and place on top (save remaining dough for later step).
- In a large bowl, whip the cream cheese until smooth. Add the sugar and beat until incorporated, followed by the cake mix, vanilla, and eggs. Using a spatula, fold in the sprinkles. Fill cups with cheesecake mixture, covering the cookie dough and distributing evenly. Bake for 20 minutes, or until set. Allow to cool completely on a wire rack, then chill completely. Store in refrigerator until ready to decorate.
- For the mini cookies: While the cheesecakes chill, turn oven up to 375 degrees and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Place approximately 1/2 teaspoons of the remaining cookie dough on prepared baking sheet and bake for 5-6 minutes, or until slightly golden. Cool on baking sheet for a few minutes before transferring to wire racks to cool completely.
- For the Oreo whipped cream: In a large, chilled bowl combine the heavy cream, sugar, and vanilla. Beat until soft peaks form. Add Oreo crumbs and continue to beat until stiff peaks form.
- To assemble: Remove cheesecakes from liners, top with Oreo whipped cream, miniature chocolate chip cookies, and sprinkles, if desired. Serve immediately.