These chewy coconut pecan cookies are delightfully sweet and nutty with the texture of an oatmeal cookie. Even coconut haters enjoy them!
I’m a little behind when it comes to cable TV shows since I don’t have cable or internet at home (poor graduate student status), but I am slowly making my way through Big Bang Theory, How I Met Your Mother, and New Girl.
The most recent episodes (#23 and 24) of New Girl that I have watched, solidified my obsession with the character Nick Miller. It went from an enjoyment of the character to full blown wanting to jump through the screen.
Apparently I am not alone in this phenomenon – back off ladies! I’m just kidding, but seriously I don’t think I’ve ever been obsessed with a fictional character before.
But let’s move on to things that exist in the real world, such as delicious coconut pecan cookies.
These were a huge hit with everyone at my cousin’s beach bachelorette party last weekend. Two girls even claimed to not be cookie people but continued to eat them every single day and I caught many being eaten first thing in the morning. With how chewy these coconut pecan cookies are I cannot say it was a surprise.
There was the perfect amount of coconut flavor which paired exceptionally well with the toasted pecans. Surprisingly even someone who claimed to dislike coconut thoroughly enjoy them! Despite containing 3 cups of coconut, these coconut pecan cookies are not overly coconut-y and instead are texturally similar to an oatmeal cookie.
Dig in and make that fantasy I know you’re having about these coconut pecan cookies a reality.
Perfect Pecan Recipes
- Blackberry Basil Balsamic Brie with Sweetened Pecans from Jen Around the World
- Green Cabbage, Apple, Fennel, Watercress, and Pecan Salad from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Maple Pecan Tassies from That Recipe
- Pecan Pie Chiffon Cake from Hezzi-D’s Recipe Box
- Pecan Tart from Art of Natural Living
One year ago: Spicy Avocado Chicken Enchiladas
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 sticks (1 cup) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp butter flavoring
- 1/4 tsp almond extract
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 1 rounded cup toasted pecans, roughly chopped
- 3 cups coconut, lightly packed
- In a medium bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add flavorings and extracts, along with the egg, and beat to combine.
- Add the flour mixture to the creamed mixture and mix just to combine. Fold in pecans and coconut.
- Scoop by rounded tablespoon (or use a medium cookie scoop), and place on a plate or tray. Cover tightly and chill in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours. (For best flavor, age the dough overnight.)
- When ready to bake preheat oven to 350 degrees and line two cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Place cookie dough 2 inches apart onto prepared cookie sheets. Bake 10-12 minutes or until they no longer look wet in the middle and are lightly browned.
- Let cool on sheet for 5 minutes and then remove to cooling rack.
Source: Adapted slightly from Baking Better.
Did you make this recipe? I want to see! Tag @THESPIFFYCOOKIE on Instagram and hashtag it #THESPIFFYCOOKIE
Post updated 4/14/2023, photo above is the original.