Welcome to the second annual brunch week hosted by Terri of Love and Confections and Susan of The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen! Join us May 5th through 11th while we celebrate the deliciousness of brunch and to prepare for Mother’s Day and summer brunching season. We have 32 bloggers bringing you their best brunch game, from cocktails to eggs benedict to donuts, there is something for everything this week. Our amazing sponsors have donated some great prizes for a gigantic giveaway, please visit them all for more information.
Check out all the amazing recipes today:
Brunch Egg Dishes:
- Spinach Bell Pepper Frittata from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Corn Souffle from Hungry Couple
- Croque Madame Muffins from Cooking in Stilettos
- Fajita Vegetable Quesadillas with Eggs and Avocado Hollandaise from Sarcastic Cooking
- Bacon, Cheddar, Zucchini Quiche from The Kitchen Prep
- Tortilla Espanola from Savvy Eats
Brunch Breads and Grains:
- Blueberry Cornmeal Waffles from The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen
- Busy Bee’s Granola from Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Chocolate Dipped Banana Hazelnut Pancake Kebabs from Food Faith Fitness
- Springtime Sweet Rolls from Eat Your Heart Out
- 10 Minute English Muffin Cream Cheese Danish from Neighborfood
- Lemon Poppyseed Scones from Real Housemoms
- Apple Croissants from Hip Foodie Mom
- Fig and Oatmeal Breakfast Bar from My Catholic Kitchen
- Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins from Jen’s Favorite Cookies
Brunch Fruits, Vegetables, Sides:
- Roasted Beet Salad with Pistachios and Blue Cheese from Healthy. Delicious.
- Caramelized Onion, Apple and Gruyere Bites from Take a Bite out of Boca
- Savory Truffles from Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Orange Marmalade Pound Cake from Love and Confections
- Hazelnut-Blackberry Cottage Pudding from The Vintage Cook
- Surprise Inside Orange Pound Cake from Chelsea’s Messy Apron
- Strawberry Hazelnut Crumble with Coconut Whipped Cream from The Little Ferraro Kitchen
- Corn Fritter Shortcakes with Maple Whipped Cream from The Spiffy Cookie
With Mother’s Day this Sunday, it seemed fitting to look through the recipes passed down to me from my mom for #BrunchWeek. I stopped dead on the corn fritters. My mind instantly exploded with an idea that would showcase corn fritters as you have seen seen them before – as the cake portion of a strawberry shortcake! After picking 16 pounds of strawberries (and using only half to make 5 quarts of strawberry syrup and 5 pints of jam) it seemed completely appropriate to incorporate them into a shortcake.
These fried corn-cakes are decadent enough on their own but that doesn’t mean they should be served solo. Besides, brunch is the perfect time to have dessert for breakfast. The fresh strawberries, strawberry syrup, and homemade maple whipped cream on top of this corn fritter resulted in a joyous experience for my taste buds. You may never again serve corn fritters with just maple syrup.
Don’t forget to check out all the awesome prizes provided by our sponsors this week HERE, and enter to win at the bottom of any #BrunchWeek post.
One year ago: Brown Sugar Baked Fries
Two years ago: Pineapple Burgers
CORN FRITTER SHORTCAKES WITH MAPLE WHIPPED CREAM
1 cup heavy cream
1 Tbsp real maple syrup
1/4 cup milk
1 cup pancake mix (I used gluten-free)
1 (14.75 oz.) can sweet yellow corn, drained
Cooking oil to depth of 1 inch
3 cups chopped strawberries
Strawberry syrup, optional
- In a large chilled bowl, beat the heavy cream with a hand mixer until peaks almost form. Add the maple syrup and beat until peaks form. Make sure not to over-beat,cream will then become lumpy and butter-like. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the egg and milk. Add pancake mix and sugar and stir until mixed. Fold in corn until just incorporated.
- In a large skillet, heat oil to 350 degrees (or test by dropping a small bit of batter into the oil, it should sizzle immediately). Drop by 1/4 cup-fuls and cook until golden, about 1-2 minutes per side. Drain on paper towel-lined plate.
- Serve warm topped with fresh strawberries, strawberry syrup (if using), and prepared whipped cream.
Source: Adapted from Bacon-Corn Fritters.
Terms & Conditions:
Mandatory Entry: Leave a comment with What is your favorite Brunch dish?
Many more ways to enter in the Rafflecopter widget, below.
This giveaway is open to residents of the United States only, age 18 & older. The #Brunchweek 2014 giveaway runs from Monday, May 5, 2014 7:00a EDT through Saturday May 10, 2014 at 11:59p EDT. Winners will be randomly chosen and announced on May 11th. Winners will also be contacted by email and will have 48 hours to respond to the email. If a winner does not respond in that time a new winner will be chosen. For more information, see the full terms and conditions in the Rafflecopter widget.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Disclosure: California Walnuts, Bob’s Red Mill, Oxo, Dixie Crystals, Whole Foods Market Doctor Phillips, Grimmway Farms, Woot Froot, Vidalia Onion, Baloian Farms, Stemilt and Bonne Maman are providing the prizes free of charge. I have received product related to these brands to use for #Brunchweek. All opinions stated are my own.