The more I pack, the more stuff I realize I have (and wonder how more than one person could have ever survived living in this apartment). In an effort to reduce the unnecessary clutter, as is typical with packing/moving, I have a separate set of boxes that are being filled with things to donate or give away. Some of it is stuff that I have debated donating in the past but somehow convinced myself to hold on to. Just goes to show that you should trust your instincts when you cannot answer the question, “when will I need/wear this?” Of course then there are things like my highschool tennis hoodies that even though I never wear them I refuse to donate them.
Which brings me to the items in my fridge that I cling on to because I don’t like to waste things and think that I will find some purpose for it in another recipe, only to be pushed to the back and lost. Then much later it is found without knowledge of what it was in the first place. Thankfully I found a purpose for the meyer lemon curd before it suffered the same fate – stuffed into a vanilla cupcake! Yes, I know I could’ve just eaten it straight up but that wouldn’t have been as fun because these cupcakes also happen to make just enough for two. Got any leftover frosting lying around? Perfect time to use it! I somehow did not have any so I whipped up a miniature batch of white chocolate buttercream.
Two years ago: Broccoli Quiche
Three years ago: Pizza Dough
MEYER LEMON CURD CUPCAKES FOR TWO
1 egg white
2 Tbsp sugar
2 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 heaping tsp baking powder
1-1/2 Tbsp milk
1-2 Tbsp meyer lemon curd
1 Tbsp unsalted butter, at room temperature
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1/8 tsp vanilla extract
0.5 oz. white chocolate, melted
1/2-1 tsp milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a muffin pan with 2 liners.
- In a small bowl, add egg white and sugar and whisk until combined. Add in vanilla and melted butter and stir until mixed. Add flour, baking powder and salt and stir until smooth. Stir in milk. Divide batter equally between the 2 cupcake liners.
- Bake at 350 for 12-16 minutes, or until cake is set. Let cool completely.
- While the cupcakes cool prepare the frosting: In a small bowl, cream butter with an electric mixer until fluffy, then add vanilla. Add in powdered sugar on low speed. Add in melted white chocolate and beat until incorporated. To reach desired consistency, add in milk 1/2 teaspoon at a time with mixer on low speed, until it reaches desired consistency.
- Using a paring knife, cut out the core of the cooled cupcakes. Fill with meyer lemon curd. Cut off the tops of the removed cored and place on top of filling. Frost and decorate with sprinkles if desired.