The recipe I am sharing today doesn’t make one serving which may seem contrary to the purpose of Single Serving Sundays. Instead it makes a bunch of single servings! Make them for friends, make them for family, heck make them for yourself! They make great gifts ;-).
These hot chocolate pods are perfectly portioned to make one cup of hot cocoa without the fuss of measuring out a powdered cocoa mix. They melt perfectly in a cup of hot milk. I decided to use white chocolate instead of regular because, although it may not be “real” chocolate, white chocolate is my favorite kind of chocolate. These would be great with semisweet or dark chocolate as well.
Two years ago: Cheddar Chili Cornbread Pasta Bake
WHITE HOT CHOCOLATE PODS
Makes 36 single serving pods
21 oz. (2-1/2 cups) chopped white chocolate
14 oz. sweetened condensed milk
1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
Marshmallow bits, crushed peppermint, or sprinkles
- Place chopped chocolate in a large heat-safe bowl. Line mini muffin tin with cupcake liners.
- In a small saucepan, whisk together sweetened condensed milk and cream over medium heat. Stir constantly to avoid scalding. When mixture just starts to boil, remove from heat. Pour mixture over chocolate in the large bowl, and stir until smooth.
- Spoon chocolate mixture into cupcake liners, filling to the top. Top with marshmallow bits, peppermint, or sprinkles. Press down gently.
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours before transporting. Can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 weeks.
- To prepare hot chocolate: Bring 8 ounces of milk just to a boil. Stir in pod until dissolved. Serve.
Source: Adapted slightly from A Kitchen Addiction.