With Thanksgiving quickly approaching, everyone is planning recipes for a meal to feed the masses. But what about the people cooking for a small group of people or ::gasp:: just one of two? If you fall into the latter category then this apple crumble is for you. Although I easily devoured the entire thing in one (short) sitting, it could definitely satisfy two especially if you serve it a la mode.
I went ahead and topped it off with my new favorite ice cream- Graeter’s Salted Caramel. Seriously that stuff rocks my face off and made me enjoy this crumble even more than I thought possible.
Liquid Frozen gold, I’m telling you.
One year ago: Homemade Peanut Butter Hot Cocoa Mix
Two years ago: Pumpkin Kissed Gingerbread Brownies
SINGLE SERVING APPLE CRUMBLE
1 medium apple, peeled and diced small
1/8 tsp salt
2 Tbsp milk
1/2 tsp apple pie spice
1 Tbsp sugar
1 Tbsp chopped walnuts, optional
3 Tbsp quick oats
1 tsp all-purpose flour
1 Tbsp unsalted butter, room temperature
- Preheat oven (or toaster oven) to 350 degrees. Grease an oven-safe 2-cup dish, set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine filling ingredients and stir until evenly coated. Transfer apple mixture to prepared baking dish.
- In the small mixing bowl, combine topping ingredients. Using a pastry cutter or a fork, cut the butter into the oat mixture until crumbly. Sprinkle on top of apple mixture.
- Bake 40 minutes, then broil for 2-3 minutes or until toasted. Turn off oven, but let sit in oven for 15 more minutes.
- Serve topped with ice cream.
Source: Adapted slightly from Chocolate Covered Katie.