Oh hi there, molten lava cake how are you? Did you do something different today? You look like you’ve had a makeover! Where did you find that lush marshmallow filling? And your crumbly graham cracker layer? And that marshmallow drizzle suits you quite well, it’s the perfect touch. In fact, I think you should come live with me and be friends with my belly. Very close, good friends O:-).
You guessed correctly, I’m the one responsible for giving the already fabulous molten lava cake a s’more-tastic makeover for Valentine’s Day. And to answer your question, yes it is as decadent and irresistible as you think it is. Which means the ease and short time of preparation makes this quite dangerous to have around… I dare you to put ice cream on top.
Don’t be shy lava cake, unleash your inner beauty.
One year ago: Chocolate Chip-Peanut Butter Layer Pie
S’MORES MOLTEN LAVA CAKE
1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs
1 Tbsp sugar
2 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted
2 oz. reduced fat cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup marshmallow fluff/creme
4 squares Baker’s semi-sweet chocolate
1/2 cup unsalted butter
1 cup powdered sugar
2 eggs, plus 2 egg yolks
6 Tbsp flour
2 Tbsp heavy cream
1/2 cup marshmallow fluff
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Butter four small custard cups; place on baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs, sugar and melted butter with a fork until moistened. Distribute evenly between the prepared cups and press onto the bottom. In another small bowl, combine the cream cheese and marshmallow fluff; set aside.
- Microwave chocolate and butter in large microwaveable bowl on high for 1 minute or until butter is melted; whisk until chocolate is completely melted. Whisk in sugar. Add whole eggs and egg yolks; mix well. Whisk in flour. Spoon half of the chocolate mixture into the prepared cups. Place rounded tablespoonfuls of the cream cheese mixture in the middle of each, then cover with remaining chocolate mixture.
- Bake 13-14 minutes or until sides of desserts are firm but centers are still soft. Let stand 1 minute. Carefully run small spatula or knife around cakes to loosen; invert into dessert plates (graham cracker crust will now be the top).
- In a small bowl heat the heavy cream on high for 30 seconds. Whisk in the marshmallow fluff and pour over cakes. Devour!
Source: Adapted from Kraft Foods.