In case you do not know me at all, I am a huge Ohio State Buckeye fan. You can thank my undergraduate career at this university for such a passion. My years in Columbus are something I wouldn’t trade for the world. This recipe has nostalgic qualities for me for that reason, because I was first introduced to this dish by a former roommate. I do not recall there ever being a specific recipe for it and as a result I have since recreated it several times. yet I still failed to ever write anything down. Lucky for you here it is at last! Feel free to taste test and adjust the ingredients to match the desires of your taste buds.
2-4oz chicken breasts
1 cup ketchup
3 Tbsp soy sauce
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 small white onion, diced
- Cut up the chicken into bite-size pieces. In a medium bowl, mix the sauce ingredients together then add the chicken.
- Let marinade at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Spray a 7 x 11 inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray and pour in the chicken and all of the sauce.
- Cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Uncover and cook for another 15 minutes, or until cooked through.
Serves 2. Pictured with rice and steamed broccoli!
Source: The Spiffy Cookie original