Peanut Butter Macaroon Blossoms are an ode to the classic peanut butter cookie topped with a chocolate kiss but instead made with a peanut butter macaroon base.
My blog is a teenager! For real today is the 13th blogiversary of The Spiffy Cookie and as usual I almost completely forgot about it – which is strange because I love an excuse to celebrate. I blame the impending holidays distracting me.
As luck would have it, today happens to land on a #PBchocSat so thankfully I had already planned on sharing the recipe for these peanut butter macaroon blossom cookies. These cookies are not only perfect for celebrating this peanut butter loving blog, and watching the Buckeyes football game today, but should also be on your holiday cookie tray this season.
What is a peanut butter macaroon blossom? Imagine the traditional peanut butter blossoms but instead of a peanut butter cookie base it’s a peanut butter macaroon. Bonus: it’s naturally gluten-free as it only uses coconut, sugar, peanut butter, egg whites, and chocolate.
This little brain child came to be because I have already made buckeye blossom cookies, and buckeye coconut macaroons, so why not peanut butter macaroon blossoms? It’s been 13 years folks, there’s going to be some recipe inspiration-overlap sometimes.
One year ago: Earl Grey Snickerdoodles
Two years ago: Chocolate Golden Oreo White Chocolate Chip Cookies
Three years ago: Baby Yoda Cocktail
Four years ago: Cinnamon Pecan Snowball Cookies
Five years ago: 8 Go-To Recipes for the 8th Year Blogiversary
Six years ago: Buckeye Cheesecake Cake
Seven years ago: Chorizo Cornbread Stuffing
Eight years ago: Five Year Blogiversary
Nine years ago: Greek Yogurt Thumbprint Cookies
Ten years ago: The Bee’s Knees Peanut Butter Pie
Eleven years ago: Funfetti Cheesecake White Chocolate Brownies
Twelve years ago: Funfetti Truffle Chocolate Cupcakes
Thirteen years ago: And so it begins
- 4 oz. peanut butter chips
- 1 (14 oz.) bag sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 6 Tbsp powdered peanut butter
- 4 large egg whites
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 dozen Hershey's kisses, unwrapped
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats.
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt peanut butter chips in microwave on 50% heat for 30 second intervals until smooth.
- In a food processor, blend the coconut for one minute. Add sugar and powdered peanut butter, then blend another minute. Add egg whites, vanilla, and salt and blend until combined, then the melted peanut butter chips until smooth.
- With a tablespoon measuring spoon or small cookie scoop, scoop batter into 1-inch mounds (for larger cookies use 2 tablespoons or medium cookie scoop). Press down into the center of each cookie gently with your thumb.
- Bake for 15 minutes (20 minutes for large), until lightly golden and just set. Immediately top with a chocolate kiss. Allow to cool 10 minutes on the pan before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
Source: Adapted from my Buckeye Coconut Macaroons.