If you love peanut butter cookie cups you have to try these mini peanut butter cup brownies. Same concept but with brownie instead of peanut butter cookie cups.
I am weak for seasonal items, especially when they can be used in baking. After discovering the “blossom top” Reese’s mini peanut butter cups for Valentine’s Day I knew I had to make something to show them off. Pressing them into cookie cups seemed like the only logical solution.
These mini peanut butter cup brownies not only look a lot like my brownie peanut butter cups but they were adapted from the very same recipe. But instead of peanut butter chips mixed into the brownie batter and then filled with straight peanut butter, these are stuffed with a mini peanut butter cup.
In other words, mini peanut butter cup brownies are essentially peanut butter cookie cups with the peanut butter cookie dough swapped with brownie batter.
The idea to go for the brownie base instead of peanut butter was born from the fact that Valentine’s Day is predominated by all things chocolate. Even though I am not a fan of pure chocolate, I am definitely on board with peanut butter and chocolate together. Which is why I have also made peanut butter cup cookie bars.
Can you make brownie bites with box mix?
Absolutely. The yield and bake time may differ slightly but follow the directions on the box and add the peanut butter cups immediately out of the oven.
Alternatively, you could also mix the peanut butter cups in brownie mix and bake them like a normal pan of brownies. But since these peanut butter cups were pink I like showing them off on top!
Even more alternatively, if you for some reason do not like the peanut butter cup brownie mash-up, maybe instead you would prefer Mississippi mud cookie cups with chocolate cookie dough, marshmallows, and pecans.
Who are you making these Mini Peanut Butter Cup Brownies for this holiday?
Four years ago: JORD Wood Watch Review
Six years ago: Homemade Sugar-Free Bacon
Eight years ago: Grandma’s Meatballs & Pasta Sauce
Nine years ago: Peanut Butter Greek Yogurt Fruit Dip
Eleven years ago: Berries & Cream Granola
Twelve years ago: Bridal Shower
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 Tbsp water
- 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 24 cavity mini muffin pan with nonstick spray, set aside.
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine sugar, butter, and water. Microwave on high for 1 minute or until butter is melted.
- Add semi-sweet chocolate chips and whisk until melted and smooth. Whisk in egg and vanilla extract until blended. Add flour and baking soda, whisking until just incorporated.
- Spoon batter by heaping teaspoonfuls into muffin cups.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until top is set and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out slightly wet. Place pan on wire rack.
- Immediately place a peanut butter cup in each cup, pressing down gently. Cool 10 minutes before carefully removing from pans (chocolate will be gooey).
Source: Adapted from my Brownie Peanut Butter Cups and Peanut Butter Cookie Cups.
[…] already shared two other festive recipes this year including reese’s cookie bars and peanut butter cup brownies. But is there such a thing as too many peanut butter […]
[…] chose to use heart-shaped pink Reese’s peanut butter cups because I made these around Valentine’s Day, but you can use any shape or flavor peanut […]
[…] offer the same suggestion if you make my mini peanut butter cup brownies, which are the same recipe but stuffed with mini peanut butter […]
[…] can be said if you made mini peanut butter cup brownies – essentailly the same thing but with a brownie […]