May the orchards be allspice dram-ed this fall with a spiced apple cider cocktail, sweetened with maple syrup and spiked with apple whiskey.
While I realize I am participating in #FallFlavors week, I’m not ready for pumpkin. Many people jump straight to pumpkin (more specifically pumpkin spice which often doesn’t have any pumpkin at all) and skip over all the other delicious flavors of fall. So let’s first bring on the figs, pears, and apples!
Apple picking at the local orchard is a fall activity that is deeply engrained in my childhood memories. I am fairly certain we went every fall, followed by all the apple pie and apple jelly making. I have not been as diligent in my adult life but I at least intend to go and every other year manage to make it happen. After all, with only two of us in our household, I’m not picking the bounty that I did as a child in a household of 5. When all else fails, there’s the Farmers Market ;-).
I haven’t gone apple picking yet but I did snag some apples from the local market to garnish this cocktail. Made with apple whiskey, maple syrup, allspice dram, and topped with your favorite apple cider – whether that be traditional, sparkling, or hard cider. You know, in case apple cider wasn’t already spiced and dressed for fall.
Welcome to the fourth annual #FallFlavors! We have 21 bloggers sharing over SIXTY recipes using fall ingredients like squash, apples, maple, pecans, and many more. Follow #FallFlavors to see all the delicious recipes on social media.
Wednesday #FallFlavor Recipes
- Cranberry Orange Bourbon Cocktail from Family Around The Table
Breakfasts and Breads
- Apple Pie Pancakes from Magical Ingredients
- Instant Pot Pumpkin Applesauce from An Affair from the Heart
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Scones from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Pumpkin Spice Oatmeal from Jolene’s Recipe Journal
Mains and Sides
- Chicken Parm Stuffed Spaghetti Squash from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Chicken Sausage with Apples from Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Roasted Whole Butternut Squash from Jen Around the World
- Sauerkraut with Tomato Sauce from Palatable Pastime
- Air Fryer Candied Walnuts from Devour Dinner
- Caramel Apple Pie from Sweet Beginnings
- Easy Apple Pie Cake from A Little Fish in the Kitchen
- Instant Pot Apple Cinnamon Cheesecake from Blogghetti
- Pumpkin Bread Pudding from Hostess At Heart
- Old Fashioned Ritz Pie from Art of Natural Living
- Pecan Butter Cookies from Books n’ Cooks
- Pecan Pie Bars from Best Cookie Recipes
Two years ago: Sunchoke Ricotta Gnocchi with Walnut Thyme Butter Sauce
Three years ago: Peanut Butter Stuffed Chocolate Biscotti
Six years ago: Peach Pecan Oatmeal
Seven years ago: Buckeye Shortbread Cookies
Eight years ago: Blueberry Kale Smoothie
Nine years ago: Peanut Butter Ice Cream with Dark Chocolate Shell
Ten years ago: Gluten-Free Jumbo Chocolate Pomegranate Quinoa Cookie
Eleven years ago: Baked Crazy Feta
- 1 oz. apple whiskey
- 1/2 oz. maple syrup
- 1/4 oz. allspice dram
- Apple cider to top off (hard, sparkling, or traditional)
- Apple slices, for garnish
- In a cocktail shaker, add ice, apple whiskey, maple syrup, and allspice dram.
- Shake for 30 seconds then strain into a rocks glass filled with ice.
- Top with cider, garnish with apple sliced, and serve.
Source: Adapted slightly from Love to Know. Named by Haley Adcox, friend of The Spiffy Cookie.