Honey kumquat mojitos are flavorful and refreshing, making them a perfect spring and summer cocktail. They are also great as a mocktail if you prefer to skip the alcohol.
This post is sponsored in conjunction with #SpringSweetsWeek. I received product samples from sponsor companies to help in the creation of the #SpringSweetsWeek recipes. All opinions are mine alone.
Ever since I tried my first mojito I was in love. That love ran even deeper once I discovered how easy they are to make at home, which is likely why I have more mojitos recipes than any other cocktail on this blog of mine. In fact, I have another waiting to be shared when it gets warmer out ;-).
These kumquat mojitos are no exception. This time I made the simple syrup with honey instead of granulated sugar more just a little something different. I thought it really helped the citrus flavor shine with a little more complex flavor profile.
While the recipe is for one cocktail, the simple syrup makes a decent sixed batch for several. I love stashing pre-made simple syrup in the fridge for a cocktail on the ready at all times.
Although at one point I ran out of both kumquats and rum (insert quote about rum being going here) but still had simple simple syrup, so I made made a mocktail with kumquat marmalade which was also fantastic, although obviously a little bit sweeter.
To be honest, I enjoyed the mocktail version even better than with rum. It was so refreshing, flavorful, and light! In fact, I was so pleased with how the mocktail version turned out that next I am trying a lavender kumquat shrub recipe that also is supposed to be enjoyable with just sparkling water.
This recipe used kumquats and fresh mint from Melissa’s Produce. Check out the giveaway featuring swag from them and our other sponsors this week, then enter using the widget located at the bottom of this post.
Thursday #SpringSweetsWeek Recipes
- Carrot Cake Cupcakes from Art of Natural Living
- Coconut Lemon Scones from Cookaholic Wife
- Easter Malted Milk Chocolate Brownies from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Easy Mini Mango Tarts from Blogghetti
- Eggless Lemon Lavender Cupcakes from Magical Ingredients
- Key Lime Shortbread Cookies from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Lemon Coolers Cookies from Palatable Pastime
- Lemon Sugar Cookie Bars with Raspberry Buttercream from Sweet Beginnings
- Tropical Fruit Salad with Honey Lime Dressing from Jen Around the World
We share recipes from #SpringSweetsWeek on Pinterest! Make sure you follow the board to see all the delicious recipes shared this week.
HONEY-MINT SIMPLE SYRUP
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup honey
- 10 fresh mint leaves
- 6-8 fresh mint leaves, plus more for garnish
- 3 oz. sliced or quartered kumquats
- 1/2 lime, cut into 4 wedges
- 2 fl oz. mint simple syrup, divided
- 2 fl oz. white rum*
- 2 fl oz. club soda
- For the simple syrup, add all ingredients to a small saucepan and heat over medium just until it bubbles. Turn down to low for 2 minutes, then remove from heat and let sit for 15-20 minutes. (After using, store leftovers in air-tight container in the fridge.)
- In the bottom of a glass, place mint leaves, kumquats, and 3 lime wedges. Crush with a muddler (or something blunt). Add ice to the glass and stir in simple syrup and rum*. Top off with club soda. Serve with an additional sprig of mint and lime wedge.
* Rum is optional. If you prefer a non-alcoholic version just add more club soda.
Source: Adapted slightly from my Grape Mojitos.
Did you make this recipe? I want to see! Tag @THESPIFFYCOOKIE on Instagram and hashtag it #THESPIFFYCOOKIEa Rafflecopter giveaway
This recipe is intended for individuals ages 21 & up. Please drink responsibly.
Thank you #SpringSweetsWeek Sponsors: Dixie Crystals, Sweets & Treats, Anolon, Melissa’s Produce, Taylor and Colledge, and Nairn’s for providing the prizes free of charge. These companies also provided the bloggers with samples and product to use for #SpringSweetsWeek recipes. All opinions are my own. The #SpringSweetsWeek giveaway is open to residents of the United States who are 18 years of age or older. All entries for the winner will be checked and verified. By entering you give the right to use your name and likeness. The number of entries received determines the odds of winning. Six (6) winners will be selected. The prize packages will be sent directly from the giveaway sponsors. The #SpringSweetsWeek Bloggers are not responsible for the fulfillment or delivery of the prize packages. Bloggers hosting this giveaway and their immediate family members in their household cannot enter or win the giveaway. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter or any other social channel mentioned in the #SpringSweetsWeek posts or entry.