Sheet pan Italian sausage doesn’t get any better than when it’s paired with tender gnocchi, sweet peppers, onions, and marinara sauce. Topped with fresh Mozzarella for a delicious weeknight meal.
This content contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Not only is this meal ready in just 30 minutes but dude it’s really stinking good.
I have been meaning to replicate a similar meal I had at a local Italian restaurant, Lola & Giuseppe’s, for years – Giuseppe’s gnocchi served with marinara, sweet peppers, onion, and Italian sausage. I’m fairly certain their gnocchi were prepared separately from the topping but who wants to do more dishes? Not me.
Quite literally this entire meal is prepared in one sheet pan. You toss the gnocchi, peppers, and onions in the marinara and oregano right in the pan – no pre-boiling the gnocchi necessary I promise they cook up perfectly this way.
Then the sausage and rosemary are baked right on top. Again no pre-cooking the sausage necessary, they cooked plenty right along with everything else. And then you seal the deal with some mozzarella melted on top for the last few minutes of cooking time.
Better yet, today is National Potato Lovers Day and personally my favorite way to eat potatoes is in gnocchi form. So go ahead and spontaneously add this to your menu tonight. It would also be a great dish to throw together for company.
If you want more one pan/pot meals, you could try my bacon wrapped mustard chicken with broccoli and potatoes or cast iron lemon-rosemary chicken and potatoes, or one pot tortellini with sausage kale and peas.
All in One! One Pot or One Pan Meals
- Creamy Keto Chicken and Asparagus Skillet from Cheese Curd In Paradise
- One Pan Cheese Ravioli with Peas and Arugula from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- One Pan Ranch Chicken and Veggies from Jen Around the World
- One-Pot Sun Dried Tomato Pasta and Sausage from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Oven Poached Lemon Butter Cod from Art of Natural Living
- Oven Roasted Sausage and Beans from That Recipe
- Slow Cooker Bourbon Chicken from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Spinach and Paneer Orzo Pasta from Magical Ingredients
One year ago: Chocolate Covered Strawberry Sugar Cookies
Six years ago: Lighter Roasted Garlic & Hemp Seed Fettuccine Alfredo
Seven years ago: Red Velvet Creme Brulee for Two
Nine years ago: Valentine’s Funfetti 7 Layer Bars
Ten years ago: Sausage Lasagna Heart Calzone
Eleven years ago: Oreo Truffles
- 1 lb. uncooked potato gnocchi
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 yellow or orange bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 medium yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1-1/2 cups marinara sauce
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 lb. uncooked Italian sausage
- 4 sprigs of fresh rosemary
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella, cut into ½-inch cubes
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Spray a large rimmed baking sheet with nonstick spray; set aside.
- Spread gnocchi, peppers, and onions on the prepared baking sheet. Pour marinara sauce over the top, add oregano, and salt and pepper to taste; toss until evenly distributed. Spread into an even layer. Place the sausage on top along with the rosemary springs.
- Bake for 20 minutes, tossing once halfway through. Remove from the oven, sprinkle mozzarella over the top, and bake until 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Remove the pan from the oven and serve immediately.