This chai snickerdoodle peach cobbler is topped with chai spiced snickerdoodle cookie dough. The perfect way to make those fresh summer peaches even more craveable.
Happy Farmers Market Week! While obviously the season for Farmers Markets is much longer than just one week, the celebration of Farmer’s Market Week is always the first week in August. Whether you have a great local farm stand or market, are a member of a CSA or purchase your fruits and vegetables at the supermarket, follow our Pinterest board, for great recipes including those for appetizers, drinks, breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert and more.
I may not have gotten these peaches from a Farmers Market, but I did get them from a farm via the Peach Truck. A whole 25 pounds of them! As much as I love eating them straight up we can never eat them all. Thankfully I enjoy them just as much baked into things.
This peach cobbler is fairly typical for the filling, but instead of a biscuit-like topping I went with not just a snickerdoodle cookie dough, but a chai snickerdoodle! Sure you could just leave it with a cinnamon-sugar topping but why not have a little more fun while you’re at it. Besides, it smells and tastes so good!
Here’s more Farmer’s Market Week Recipes
Starters and Drinks Recipes
- Baked Feta Pasta with Spinach by SueBee Homemaker
- Cheese Stuffed Banana Peppers by Savory Moments
- Dill Vinegar by Palatable Pastime
- Herb Cream Cheese Dip by Take Two Tapas
- Zucchini Walnut Bread by West Via Midwest
- Watermelon Slush by The Fresh Cooky
- Whipped Feta with Honey by Books n’ Cooks
- Zucchini Pico de Gallo Salsa by Jolene’s Recipe Journal
Side Dishes Recipes
- Air-Fried Zucchini by Our Good Life
- Air Fryer Parmesan Squash Fries by Cookaholic Wife
- Brussels and Bowties by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Classic 3-Bean Salad by Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Green Beans with Shallots by Family Around the Table
- Heirloom Tomato Salad with Burrata by House of Nash Eats
- Mexican Street Corn by Blogghetti
- Watermelon and Feta Salad by Life Love and Good Food
Main Dish Recipes
- Asparagus and Coconut Stir-Fry by Magical Ingredients
- Fresh Chicken and Veggie Pizza by The Freshman Cook
- Gluten Free Eggplant Parmesan by Frugal & Fit
- Grilled Chicken Tacos with Strawberry Salsa by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Blueberry Pie by Lemon Blossoms
- Fresh Peach Shortcakes by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Peach Bruschetta by The Redhead Baker
- Peach Ice Cream by Devour Dinner
- Peach Kuchen by Hostess At Heart
- Peaches and Cream Cake Roll by Kate’s Recipe Box
- Yogurt Panna Cotta with Fresh Raspberry Sauce by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
Two years ago: Funfetti Cookie Dough Bars
Four years ago: Reese’s-Oreo Ice Cream Sandwich Cookie Cake
Five years ago: Grilled Chicken with Strawberry-Jalapeno Salsa
Eight years ago: Good ‘n’ Nutty Ice Cream Sandwiches
- 8 medium peaches, peel and sliced
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp cream of tartar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted and cooled to almost room temperature
- 1-1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 1 Tbsp milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 3/4 tsp ginger
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp cloves
- 1/4 tsp cardamom
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large bowl, add peaches, sugar, lemon juice, cornstarch, and salt and mix to combine. Pour into a deep 9 inch pie pan.
- In a medium bowl, Whisk together flour, baking soda, salt, and cream of tartar. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat together the butter and sugar until creamy, about 3 minutes. Add egg, milk, and vanilla and beat until combined. Gradually add flour mixture, mixing until just combined.
- Drop spoonfuls of batter on top of peaches. Sprinkle with chai cinnamon-sugar.
- Bake 30-35 minutes, or until the topping is golden brown (cover with foil is it browns too quickly). Cool at least 15 minutes before serving.
- Serve warm or at room temperature. Top with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream if desired.