Is it a cookie? Cheesecake? Or Pie? Whatever it is I call it delicious. These cheesecake sugar cookies are stuffed with blueberry pie Oreos for the ultimate treat.
We are already over a week into July and I am just now remembering that July is national blueberry month! I am going to try my best to have a healthy dose of blueberry recipes for you throughout the month and to show I mean business I am posting one today! Even though it’s technically national blueberry muffin day today, I already have a few delicious recipes of that sort. It’s also national mojito day but I’ve already made a blueberry mojito as well. Seriously after 6.5 years of blogging sometimes I feel like there’s nothing left! But then my obsession with all the limited edition Oreo flavors saved the day with their blueberry pie variety.
For whatever reason my go-to recipe for using Oreos these days seems to be mini cheesecake (exhibits A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H). They make such perfect crusts! But I forced myself to do something totally different and stuffed them inside of a cookie instead. As if that hasn’t been overdone. But wait! Instead of a chocolate chip cookies I stuffed them into a sugar cookie make with cream cheese. So maybe it’s actually a blueberry pie cheesecake cookie? And wait I actually have stuffed an Oreo into this very cookie dough before. But either way, here we are back at cheesecake. I think I have a problem (no surprise: cream cheese is the top ingredient tagged on my blog, followed by chocolate and peanut butter).
Whether they are stuffed blueberry pie Oreo cookies, or blueberry pie Oreo cheesecake cookies the end result is the same – scrumptious. I brought these to a friend’s Fourth of July cookout (yes the very same one to which I brought the firework Oreo cheesecake bites) and not a single one remained. There’s nothing more satisfying that having your dish come home empty fro a party. Unless of course you didn’t get any but that’s why you have to sample at least one before bringing it, amiright?
P.S. This post is not sponsored in any way by Oreo or Crunchies. I bought the Oreos myself because I’m an addict and the Crunchies were sent to me to sample with no strings attached a long freaking time ago and I just unearthed them from my pantry when brainstorming what to make with these Oreos.
One year ago: Butterfinger Brownie Banana Bread
Three years ago: Cheesy Taco Seasoned Hard Pretzels
Four years ago: Raw Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Bites
Five years ago: Red Velvet Cake Batter Dip
Six years ago: Chocolate Covered Sunflower Seed Cookies
STUFFED BLUEBERRY PIE OREO COOKIES
Makes approximately 32 cookies
1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
4 oz. cream cheese, room temperature
1-1/2 cups + 2 Tbsp sugar
1 egg + 1 egg yolk
1-1/2 tsp vanilla extract
2 Tbsp 2% milk
2/3 tsp salt
3 cups all-purpose flour
2-1/4 tsp baking powder
1 box blueberry pie Oreos (or more*)
1/4 cup sugar
1 (1.2 oz.) bag Crunchies freeze dried blueberries, processed into a powder (about 2 Tbsp)
- In a stand mixer or large bowl with electric hand mixer, mix cookie ingredients in order (except Oreos), one at a time, until fully incorporated. Cover and chill dough in refrigerator for one hour.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- In a small bowl, combine the 1/4 cup sugar and blueberry powder.
- Scoop up about a tablespoon of dough (I used my cookie scoop to ensure they were all the same size) and form dough around an Oreo. Once covered, roll in the sugar mixture . Place on a cookie sheet 2 inches apart. Repeat with remaining dough and Oreos.
- Bake for 8 minutes. Let cool slightly before transferring to wire rack to cool completely.
* It is advisable to buy more than one box of Oreos, you know to snack on, or in case you have a little extra cookie dough.
Source: Adapted slightly from my Raspberry Hugs Cheesecake Blossoms.