Make someone’s birthday brighter with these stuffed Birthday Cake Oreo Cheesecake Cookies – birthday cake creme Oreos, stuffed inside cheesecake sugar cookies, rolled in sprinkles!
This content contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
About a month ago (February 2012), Jackie and Adrienne of Culinary.net invited me to be a monthly guest blogger in the desserts category of their website. How perfect is that? I enjoy this kind of assignment.
I decided to start my monthly blogging with Culinary.net with a birthday celebration cookie for Oreo’s 100th birthday, using their Limited Edition Birthday Cake Oreos. These birthday cake creme flavored Oreos were stuffed into birthday cake cheesecake cookies rolled in sprinkles for the ultimate birthday cookie.
Fast forward to 2022 and sometime since I first published this recipe, the section of their website on which it was hosted no longer exists. Never fear, I have transferred the recipe to my page along with some updated photos.
You may think they look raw on the top part above the Oreo inside. To be honest, they might be a bit under-baked but that’s how I like them! Feel free to bake a little longer if you prefer. Either way, they are an sugar-load of cookie worthy of a birthday celebration.
One year ago: Walnut-Strawberry Quick Bread
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 4 oz. cream cheese, room temperature
- 1-1/2 cups plus 2 Tbsp sugar
- 1 egg + 1 egg yolk
- 1-1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp 2% milk
- 2/3 tsp salt
- 3 cups flour
- 2-1/4 tsp baking powder
- Rainbow sprinkles
- 2 dozen birthday Oreos
- In a stand mixer or large bowl with electric hand mixer, mix ingredients in order one at a time (except sprinkles and Oreos) until fully incorporated. Cover and chill dough in refrigerator for one hour.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Pour sprinkles into a small bowl. Shape dough into 1-inchd balls (I used a small cookie scoop to ensure they were all the same size). Place Oreo between two dough balls and shape dough around Oreo, sealing the edges. Roll in the sprinkles and place 3 inches apart on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake for 10 minutes or until just starting to turn golden on the edges.
- Let cool slightly before transferring to wire rack to cool completely.
Source: Adapted from my Raspberry Hugs Cheesecake Blossoms.
Did you make this recipe? I want to see! Tag @THESPIFFYCOOKIE on Instagram and hashtag it #THESPIFFYCOOKIE
Post updated 12/15/2022, photo above is the original.