The classic blossom cookie gets a new look with double the chocolate and a healthy dose of sprinkles. I doubt anyone will complain.
The cookie drought is over!! Not that I haven’t been indulging in cookies all this time but it has been over 3 months since the last time I posted a cookie recipe. I may need to see a doctor about that because that is very unlike me. Granted, I thought about baking cookies on several occasions but I was lacking inspiration as to what kind to make. Being that this is my 172nd cookie recipe, I think it’s okay for me to get stumped every once in awhile.
While my go-to is creating different flavor variations of my perfectly chewy chocolate chip cookies, I feel like I’ve covered that one pretty well and instead made a cookie variety that has not gotten enough loving on my blog. This is the 7th spiffy blossom cookie! Thumbprints are actually even more underrepresented coming in at a measly 3 recipes. But they both fall under the same concept of a cookie with something smushed into the middle post-baking.
These are double chocolate blossoms which were rolled in sprinkles prior to baking and then had a Hershey’s kiss pressed into the center. While you can use any flavor kiss, I opted for the vanilla cream filled ones. Why? Honestly, because it’s what I had in my stash. Sometimes it’s fun to take stock of my pantry and come up with tasty treats using ingredients I already own. And it beats running to the grocery store for 2 items ;-).
One year ago: Grilled Romaine
Two years ago: Fruity Sangria
Three years ago: Coconut Pecan Cookies
Four years ago: Spicy Avocado Chicken Enchiladas
DOUBLE CHOCOLATE SPRINKLE BLOSSOMS
Makes approximately 3 dozen
1-1/4 sticks (10 Tbsp) unsalted butter, room temperature
1/2 cup sugar
1/3 cup brown sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1-1/2 cups + 2 Tbsp all-purpose flour
2/3 cup Honduras cocoa powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 + 1/8 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup rainbow sprinkles
36 Hershey’s kisses, unwrapped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line two cookie sheets with a silicone baking mat or parchment paper. Set aside.
- Cream together butter and both sugars until light and fluffy. And in eggs and vanilla and blend well. In a separate bowl, mix together dry ingredients.
- Add the dry ingredients a little at a time to the wet ingredients.
- Place sprinkles in a shallow bowl. Roll scant tablespoonfuls of dough into balls and roll in the sprinkles, lightly pressing to adhere. Place on prepared cookie sheets, about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes. Lightly press a kiss into the center of each. Allow to cool for approximately 10 minutes then remove from cookie sheet.
Source: Adapted from my Hot Cocoa Blossoms.
Disclosure: I was provided with complimentary product from the Honduras Chocolare Company, but was not required to write this post. I used this product of my own accord. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
Such a palatable treat! I feel so hungry now!
YUUMMMM. I’ve been seriously into chocolate lately. This looks amazing!
They are definitely great for chocolate lovers!
What fun cookies! Can’t go wrong adding sprinkles to cookies, especially chocolate cookies!
Exactly! Sprinkles are always the answer.