These are not your every day stuffed zucchini boats, these are filled with taco meat to change up your next taco Tuesday.
Apparently I like this meal so much that I have already posted a nearly exact recipe on my blog already featuring Manwich – Mexican Manwich Stuffed Zucchini Boats to be exact. I only realized this when I was looking up the two recipes from which I adapted this one and saw the previous one which was also adapted from the same two recipes of mine – Mexican Stuffed Shells and Sausage Stuffed Zucchini Boats.
I’m losing my mind kids. I’ve been blogging for almost 6 years and I’m starting to forget what has already been done. I almost threw out this post and skipped today but decided to go ahead with it anyway. It’s slightly different and heck I clearly enjoy it enough to keep making it so it’s worth the semi-repeat. And if for some reason you dislike Manwich then here’s your alternative.
Two years ago: Blackberry Basil Sparkler
Four years ago: Banana Ice Cream Nutella Sandwiches
MEXICAN STUFFED ZUCCHINI BOATS
2 large zucchini (about 30 oz.)
1 lb. ground beef
1 pkg. taco seasoning (or 2 Tbsp homemade)
4 oz. cream cheese
1/2 cup canned black beans, drained
1-1/2 cups pico de gallo (or salsa)
1 cup taco sauce
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
3 green onions, chopped
- Bring a large pot of water to boil. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut zucchini in half lengthwise and scoop out flesh, leaving 1/4″ thick. Drop zucchini halves in boiling water and cook 1 minute. Remove from water.
- In a frying pan oven medium heat, cook ground beef until no longer pink; drain grease then stir in taco seasoning and cream cheese. Cover and simmer until cheese is melted. Add black beans and mix well.
- Pour pico de gallo on the bottom of a 9×13 baking dish. Stuff each zucchini shell with the meat mixture and place zucchini in the prepared pan. Drizzle the taco sauce over the top, cover with foil, and bake for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, add shredded cheese and bake for 10-15 more minutes with the foil removed. Top with green onions and sour cream.