Looking for a side dish for your slow cooker gyros? These Greek lemon potatoes are a great option for any meal. Soft inside, slightly crisp outside and infused with lemon.
Welcome to #LemonWeek 2021 hosted by Lynn from Fresh April Flours! What better way to welcome summer than with over 50 recipes featuring bright and sunny lemons? Come join me and my fellow Lemon Week bloggers as we bring you recipes from appetizers to drinks to entrées and desserts!
Alright folks these are not your regular everyday spuds. Not because they take over an hour to cook and convincing you to cook them on a regular basis would be crazy talk (or is it?) but because they are one the best potato side dishes I’ve ever had. Other than the cook time they are actually quite easy to make.
Greek Lemon Potatoes
The potato wedges are roasted in a mixture of olive oil, water, lemon juice, oregano, and garlic which gets infused through the entire wedge making them both soft and flavorful. Then with the help of a secret ingredient, flour, the outsides get just a little crispy. In the end these potatoes became the stars of my dinner plate despite the beautiful gyro sitting beside them.
“And the award for best spot-light stealing side dish goes to…”
But if you prefer to sneak in some more vegetables, I also have a Greek potato casserole.
Friday #LemonWeek Recipes
- Lemon Mousse by Fresh April Flours
- Lemon Bundt Cake by House of Nash Eats
- Between The Sheets Cocktail by A Day in the Life on the Farms
- Strawberry Vodka Lemonade by SueBee Homemaker
- Greek Lemon Potatoes by The Spiffy Cookie
- Lemon Poppy Seed Dressing by Lemon Blossoms
- Bourbon Lemonade by Our Good Life
- Strawberry Vodka Pink Lemonade by Our Crafty Cocktail
- Baked Lemon Pasta by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Lemoncello Tiramisu by The Redhead Baker
- Lemony Baby Bok Choy Apple and Miso Salad by Shockingly Delicious
- Strawberry Lemonade Poke Cake by Daily Dish Recipes
- Greek Salad with Lemon Vinaigrette by Making Miracles
- Lemon and Rice Cheese Bombs by Magical Ingredients
- Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins by Devour Dinner
- Frozen Vodka Lemonade by Cheese Curd In Paradise
Post updated 5/27/21, Two photos above are the originals.
One year ago: Oven-Fried Mac and Cheese Ravioli Salad
Two years ago: Baked Banana-Pecan Oatmeal
- 2 lb. yellow potatoes
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 Tbsp fresh minced oregano (or 1 tsp dried)
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 tsp all-purpose flour
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line a roasting pan (or large rimmed baking sheet) with foil and lightly coat with nonstick spray.
- Cut the potatoes into wedges and place them on prepared pan. In a medium bowl whisk together the remaining ingredients and pour over the potatoes, stirring to coat.
- Bake for 70-80 minutes, flipping halfway through, until a nice golden crust has formed on the potatoes. If all of the liquid absorbs before they are done, add another 1/4 cup of hot water.
Source: Adapted from My Greek Dish.